.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old September 19th, 2009, 08:27 AM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tourmaline - Mod Nations Game (Playing)

Yeah, there are only so many turn-limit defeats one can take...
But non the less the undead horde has prevailed!!!

Oh, BTW, I hope this game will have a sequel, I'm looking at some of the other mod nations now and Urdheim seems damn interesting. But I'm still in the EA section doe.
Old September 19th, 2009, 08:51 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Hmm, I don't know. I am getting into too many games as of late, and if I don't get kicked out of a few I really won't have the time or inclination. This game is already starting to burn me out a bit.

That doesn't mean someone else can't do it though.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old September 19th, 2009, 09:01 AM

Major General

I used to have that problem too. Play 6 to 7 games at once.
But now I've learned self-control so I'm in exactly 3 games now, and I plan to keep it that way. Plus, once you have so many games going it's hard to do proper turns and not **** all over yourself.

I don't think this game will be over any time soon, and I'd like to see a trend of always having a mod nation game, and while I would be very happy to admin such a game if you aren't able to I have practically zero modding skill unfortunately.

So please don't get too burned out!

Oh, and there's a very easy way to deal with your problem, just send me all your gems and items, and place all your troops in a single province, I'll take care of the rest.

EDIT> Ah, yes, my next mod nation of choice would be most definitely Urdheim.
Old September 19th, 2009, 01:17 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post

I don't think this game will be over any time soon, and I'd like to see a trend of always having a mod nation game, and while I would be very happy to admin such a game if you aren't able to I have practically zero modding skill unfortunately.

So please don't get too burned out!

Oh, and there's a very easy way to deal with your problem, just send me all your gems and items, and place all your troops in a single province, I'll take care of the rest.
Yeah, I think you're right. This game could go on for quite a while with no one landing on top. I'm not sure you really need modding skill to admin a mod nations game. I guess understanding a little about modding does make it easier to deal with mod conflicts though when they pop up. Anyway I probably wouldn't mind helping set up any mod that was needed to play, and it's usually not too hard to find volunteers for that sort of thing if you need them.

Heh, I don't think so executor, not yet Although maybe when I actually get to look at my turn I'll think otherwise. But this is the first game I've played where I think I actually stand a chance of winning, so I'm going to try and make that happen. Well, if I can actually play and stomach looking at my turns that is.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old September 19th, 2009, 04:37 PM

Corporal

the Vanishag is on a distinguished road

Well, that was the last hurrah for me. I managed to take out another one of Nekehara's blinkin' avatars, but I never did find a good way to handle skele spam from 20+ High Priesrs. I really needed a trampling unit...

Oh, and Executor: my suicidal charge was because you'd breached my gates, had overwhelming force, and I needed to save money to pay upkeep on units where I thought I stood half a chance. Turns out I thought wrong.

Still, I'm looking forward to drafting my after-action report, and I'd be interested in doing this again... in a while.
Old September 20th, 2009, 02:15 PM

Major General

Rdonj, I think you're missing the point of raiding,
you should be doing it as long as it's gem/gold effective for you, which frankly, in this case, isn't.
You're only hurting yourself with those Slanns.

I guess it's only about one more turn of preaching before you advance with the troops and all those priests you have stacked up in Merovia.

Vanishag, I think you would have done much more damage if you stayed inside the fort, beyond the castle gates you stood no chance.

And upkeep problems aren't that big, you really only lose a very small proportion of your army if you can't pay for troops. It takes dozens of turns to lose any significant proportion of troops.
Old September 20th, 2009, 02:32 PM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road

Well, if nothing else Vanishag, you've eliminated me as a major research leader. I'm not sure what you could have done against my level of skelly spam, but NI maps can make it tough to deal with that because of the lack of indy priests.
My early occupation of your capital though made it realy difficult for you, and I think it was essential in allowing me to fight off both you and the Ogres, as it allowed me to fight you in one place of advantage, instead of dealing with TWO different sources of raiding warbands.
In any event, thanks for playing, and that is one interesting nation you have there.
Old September 20th, 2009, 04:06 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

Urdheim would need a pretty serious rebalancing imo to be used in another mod game. I remember it having some potentially broken stuff.
Old September 20th, 2009, 04:21 PM

Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombre View Post
Urdheim would need a pretty serious rebalancing imo to be used in another mod game. I remember it having some potentially broken stuff.
?What do you mean by potentially broken stuff?

I find them interesting because of the graphics, and those two big capital mages.
Old September 21st, 2009, 11:23 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

It's been like 2 years since I tried them, but the last time I did they had a really, really good pretender and some summon allies which got out of hand within a few turns.