.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old September 18th, 2012, 05:21 PM

Captain

Immaculate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Smiting Season (newb-intermediate, LA, CBM 1.92) smiting has begun!

Sorry about all this- its a new job and a new apartment and things are hectic. I really appreciate your patience.
Old September 24th, 2012, 07:34 PM

Captain

OMG Groundworm!!!!!!!!! THATS SO MUCH CAVALRY AND BIG SCs!!!!!!!

Unless you play really stupidly- i think you have this game won.
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:25 PM

Captain

Hey- i realize i am asking for lots of extensions lately and to be honest i am finding it hard to find enough time to fulfill my gaming comittments (largely due to a new job).

I'm also looking to offload some of my gaming commitments and have asked for a sub for either this game or another. Hopefully when that happens either i can focus more on this one game and not keep having to ask for extensions or the new player will have more time than me.

For now though, with business travel tomorrow and again on sunday, things are tough.

Anyway, if you know anyone who might be willing to sub for patala in either this game or the other, check this out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immaculate View Post
I'm currently involved in two games where i am playing patala. Turns 64 and 76 approximately. In both games i am leading in territory and have some globals, a good blood economy and many SCs. They are both very fun to play but unfortunately i recently started a new job (well, thats not unfortunate really) and i find myself with much less time than i used to have. I am looking to offload one of these two very enjoyable games to someone who wants to jump in on a late game war.

Here are a few more details:

Game 1: Smiting Season (turn 76): War just beginning with a blood-economy driven Marrignon. Many SCs, good blood economy, good gold economy. Fair but not excellent artifact control. Excellent diversity (every path available pretty much) Control former Man and former Pythium lands as well as a significant portion of formerly neutral lands. Strong contender for the win after Marrignon- so probably first in land and gems but second to Marrignon in everything else. Score graphs are off so its hard to tell exactly.

Game 2: Blood Sacrifice (turn 64): War with Man (who is heavily forted up). A good number of SCs (not as many as smiting). Very good blood economy (under Marrignon's astral corruption so thats good). Very good gold economy. Poor artifact control. Excellent diversity (better than Smiting). Control former Ulm, C'tis, and parts of R'leyh, and Caelum lands. Interesting diplomatic situation where most of the world's nations are at war with Marrignon and on good terms with Patala despite huge territory, good globals and a very strong contention for the win. Only problem is that man is very tough and has won some early skirmishes (lots of tartarians, chalice).

Anyway, if you are interested in either game i can e-mail you the game files and you can choose which you want to take. I would keep playing them both but like i said, my new job is taking a lot of my time and i've had to reduce gaming time.

Thanks for your consideration,
Immac.

Thanks for your understanding. I feel bad for having to reduce my gaming time; i didn't realize i would have to find new employment when i signed up for this game and couldn't have known that my time would be so stretched.

This sure is fun though.
Old September 27th, 2012, 05:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

Groundworm is on a distinguished road

Immaculate, I think I liked your comment about your cavalry more than I liked the one about you needing a sub.

But, of course, it's understandable- life comes first. I'll delay the game as we try to find a sub for you. If, in the meantime, you are able to play a turn now and then, that would certainly be appreciated.
Old September 27th, 2012, 05:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

This is very frustrating. I knew I wasn't going to be able to take my turn until later tonight, so I postponed hosting. Llamaserver says that hosting was indeed postponed... only it wasn't. The turn just hosted, and I staled.

Well, hopefully that won't be too devastating, but it sure is annoying.
Old October 1st, 2012, 06:51 PM

Sergeant

Slobby is on a distinguished road

Tch, arcane nexus? Ready or not Mari here Gath comes ... NAP cancelled
Old October 14th, 2012, 10:49 AM

Corporal

Snacktime is on a distinguished road

I'm an (extremely) minor player at this point, but what's going on? Are we waiting on a sub for Patala?
Old October 14th, 2012, 04:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

Partly yes. Patala hasn't had a chance to do his current turn yet, as he's got a lot going on. I've also been pretty busy recently, and haven't had much time to get my turns in (which, by now, take a long time). Thus, I've been postponing hosting. I probably should have said something before now, my apologies.
Old October 14th, 2012, 06:05 PM

Captain

Sorry- i have a report due tomorrow for work and another due for a pharmacology journal. I also had family visiting. I've played my small game turns but the larger ones (this one and another) i was unable to attend to.

i.
Old October 21st, 2012, 02:40 PM

Sergeant

Slobby is on a distinguished road

24hr extension please

thanks