.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old May 7th, 2005, 12:49 AM

Corporal

Sedna is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yarnspinners.dm

Ah, if only there were exams on how to build a super combatant, or essays on the fall of Ermor.
Old May 11th, 2005, 01:11 PM

General

Alneyan is on a distinguished road

I think my exams went well; not a good feeling in my case, but I guess it's too late to worry now. In Alneyanese, flunking not poorly would be getting a grade good enough to pass, but not amazing either (the equivalent of a C, I think)... not technically flunking, of course.

At long last, my turn 0 yarn has been published. I hope my future yarns will go a bit quicker. There is a catch however: I cannot seem to put my yarn on my Pangaea page. But I should figure out how it is supposed to work. I hope. Looks like it was only the dreaded "you are browsing your cache" error, and everything seems to be working fine.
Old May 11th, 2005, 01:27 PM

Captain

Jurri is on a distinguished road

Ah, the typical over-achiever! That's what you get for never actually failing a class...

Why dontcha put a link to the wiki in the first post? Just for convenience's sake.
Old May 11th, 2005, 01:31 PM

General

Well, I actually have an incentive for doing well in exams this time, so it should solve the opposition between "not good enough" and "as if I cared". That, and I really have no excuse if I don't do well in English.

Putting a link in the first post would be too easy Jurri. We are supposed to be in a bureaucracy, and people should have to work to get something. Nay, I will add a link in the first post: though I didn't come up with this idea, it is a good one. Can you say "inflated ego"?
Old May 11th, 2005, 05:10 PM

Captain

Jurri is on a distinguished road

What incentive is that? Someone paying you cash or something?

Speaking of the first post, wouldn't it make sense to replace the hypotheticals with definites? For posterity's sake... And if we are in a bureaucracy I want to be the stamp-guy! You know, the one who does nothing but stamps his approval on everything and is always away eating lunch.
Old May 11th, 2005, 05:28 PM

General

Well, the incentive is a bit complicated: let's just say it involves having an easier time getting abroad. I don't have anything against cash though.

It wouldn't make sense to make the first post any clearer. Done; I had planned on tidying the first post all along, but I pushed that to tomorrow, and then to the following day, and... You know how it is.

You cannot be the stamp guy, unless you have the proper credits. *Winks*
Old May 12th, 2005, 12:46 AM

Major

The Panther is on a distinguished road

Well, this is very bad. I have never seen a starting spot quite like I have this game.

1. There is an enemy at 6:00 with one square between our capitols.
2. There is another enemy at 10:00 again with one square between our capitols.
3. And, if that is not enough, there is a third enemy at 2:00 with just 2 squares between our capitols.

So, I have exactly 2 neighboring provinces I can take before I must declare war on somebody just to expand into independents. Certainly, Inland with 9 players has enough room so the capitols ought to have a wee bit of breathing room.

I think something is wrong with Version 2.16. I have noticed similar horrid starting locations before under this version. It is almost like they no longer take into account how far away the people start like it used to do.

Needless to say, this game is completely unplayable for me.
Old May 12th, 2005, 06:14 AM

General

I have one enemy at 12:00, so I guess it is you Panther. I *hope* it is you, anyway.

You will not only have to declare war one of your neighbours, but pray you can actually defeat two or three of your neighbours at once: you are a mutual threat, after all, and the wisest course of action for your neighbours would be to take you down (pretty much like your own course of action is to take any of us down fast).

You have my vote for a restart. And good luck to Tauren if he tries to put fixed starting locations on the map; warp-around maps are much harder to handle (or it is just me, and my inability of seeing such maps as actually round).
Old May 12th, 2005, 08:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

djo is on a distinguished road

I have one capitol-adjacent black candle on turn 2, so I may be part of that clump.

I'll know more next turn.
Old May 12th, 2005, 09:06 AM

General

PashaDawg is on a distinguished road

Panther's starting position is unacceptable. We want everyone to get a good starting spot and have FUN!! We should start over. Is there a way to give everyone defined starting spots?