This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old November 6th, 2007, 02:20 AM

Major General

Randallw is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Heroes

Hana Gitleman (The Israeli woman who could access radio and stuff) went up into orbit in a space shuttle to destroy a satellite that could keep track of supers (maybe with that scar thing people Noah Bennet abducted got) She went on a space walk and the satellite started to descend to earth so she used her powers to meld with it. So now she is one with the internet. Not a joke. It was covered in the comics I understand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hana_Gitelman
Old November 20th, 2007, 03:49 PM

Colonel

gregebowman is on a distinguished road

That's my problem. I barely got to time to log onto here. I keep forgetting to go to the NBC website and check that out. Maybe one of these days I'll do that.

But this week's episode was great. Not only does Hiro get to talk to his dad before his death, he finds out who kills him. That sneaky sob Adam, who apparently isn't a time traveler, just a long lived (anti)hero. But how did he get his other powers? Like Peter, or like Sylar? And speaking of Sylar, I wander what happened to his powers, and if he'll ever get them back. Not that Suresh will help him, unless it's with a case of lead poisoning! but I'm glad Noah Bennet didn't die. I just wander who gave him Clare's blood? I don't think Bob would have, after shooting Elle. Must have been Suresh. And Parkman is finding out just how far apples land from trees, what with him "pushing" people to do as he bids. Very interesting episode.
Old November 21st, 2007, 04:34 AM

Captain

Black_Knyght is on a distinguished road

I wasn't sure what to make of the series when it first came out, but now I've become a complete addict of it. They really did a terrific job with all the character developments, as well as maintaining a very interesting storyline.

Old November 21st, 2007, 04:44 AM

Major General

I got a bit bored with the current series, so much so that I kept recording the epsiodes to watch later although I never got around to it. Last week though I was doing the same thing when they had the "last time on Heroes" bit and I eneded up sitting down and watching the whole thing. Last season was a bit of a rip off of Watchmen whith the whole plot to bomb New York and cause world peace when everyone starts working together. The current season seems to be a rip off of an X-Men animated arc where Cable came from the future to stop a world plague by giving the plague to Wolverine who creates the antibody. Not entirely original but then I guess when you're working within a genre you can't help but end up similar to 40 years of comics.

A good question would be what happens to Peter's Irish friend. If they stop the plague she is stuck in an alternate future that won't happen.
Old November 21st, 2007, 06:12 PM

National Security Advisor

geoschmo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
gregebowman said:
That sneaky sob Adam, who apparently isn't a time traveler, just a long lived (anti)hero. But how did he get his other powers? Like Peter, or like Sylar?
What other powers? I haven't seen him display any other powers. He needed Peter to get him out of the Company facility. He apparently doesn't fly. He's pretty damn good in combat, which you would expect from someone with 400 years of samurai training , and he's invincible. That's pretty much all I've seen.

Geoschmo
Old November 21st, 2007, 09:43 PM

Major General

I was confused about Adam's powers as well. When Bob told Nathan about Adam he mentioned that a blizard in Florida could have been a hurricane that wiped out a city. From that I gathered he had weather control powers eg "Storm". But maybe he just organised the company. What I would like to know is why Adam would convince the companies founders to use their powers to help the world, after all he was traitorous scum 400 years ago and he killed Hiro's father. Why was he apparently good in between?.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 12:40 AM

Lieutenant General

Daynarr is on a distinguished road

I don't think the series likes to differentiate between good and evil clearly. It more about perspective and point of view of each individual in series then the standard good/evil concept.