Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old September 14th, 2010, 03:37 AM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road
Default German AI buying behaviour

This is a bit nit-picky, I know, but recently I noticed that the AI seems to prefer the MG26(t) over the vastly more common MG34 in the early to mid war period. Is there anything that could be done about this? Because while the MG26(t) was very common with anti-partisan and some SS units, I think it is somewha overrepresented right now and that even puts the AI at a disadvantage a bit, doesn't it?
Old September 14th, 2010, 08:25 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: German AI buying behaviour

It's because infantry units with that weapon were added after the MG34 units and are further down the list and when the AI looks for units to pick it looks from the bottom of the list and works up.

However, there are a number of units/formations that use that including Ost infantry, regular infantry and SS so perhaps you could be a bit more specific as to WHICH of these types you think are showing up with it too much ( and when exactly ) and then I can look at what we might be able to do to "fix" it although given the attention that OOB gets it is a bit surprising nobody has ever mentioned it before.

Don
Old September 15th, 2010, 04:59 AM

First Lieutenant

SS and Ost troops are fine imo, as these used second line equipment more often. However, for testing purposes I loaded up a June 1941 battle with the AI buying my stuff 10 times and the AI chose the MG26(t) for the infantry squads of the first company every single time. The first three squads of every platoon had it, the 4th squad usually got the MG34. In my opinion that is quite weird and unhistorical for a frontline Wehrmacht unit.
Old September 15th, 2010, 05:36 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts4EVER View Post
SS and Ost troops are fine imo, as these used second line equipment more often. However, for testing purposes I loaded up a June 1941 battle with the AI buying my stuff 10 times and the AI chose the MG26(t) for the infantry squads of the first company every single time. The first three squads of every platoon had it, the 4th squad usually got the MG34. In my opinion that is quite weird and unhistorical for a frontline Wehrmacht unit.
The units with the foreign LMG should be X1 radio codes (rare), with the MG34 units mainly X0 and perhaps X2, with X1 only being used for rarities.

However, in that particular time frame, the MG34 elements are all X1, and the foreign LMG are X0 (and nearer the end of the list too), which returns the results you are seeing, ie 180 degrees from the expected.

Unit #323 should probably be an X0 radio code, #723 the same to make the MG34 sections a reasonably common pick for the AI buy.

#545, #558 and (outside this period of time) #728 should all have X1 radio codes. #728 should never have been an X2 code.

Andy
Old September 15th, 2010, 05:39 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

NB - Moved thread to TO&E section since it is an OOB problem (wrong radio codes).

Andy
Old September 16th, 2010, 10:24 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

If you don't PBEM making the changes Andy suggested will modify the AI's buying habits so that the MG34 shows up normally and the MG26(t) will revert back to being rare

Don
Old September 16th, 2010, 02:32 PM

First Lieutenant

I suppose I can change that with the mobhack program? However, when I change something in there, it always reverts it right back.

edit: Nevermind, figured it out. Next time I read the manual beforehand
Old September 17th, 2010, 12:47 PM

First Lieutenant

That mobhack program is awesome. Now I can also fix some other grievances of mine, like German automatic rifles being available to early or Finns not having access to the DP despite it being their standard lmg in late war.
Old September 17th, 2010, 03:06 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

...and which "German automatic rifles" would that be ?

Don
Old September 17th, 2010, 03:15 PM

First Lieutenant

For one thing the G41, which is available in 6/41. I pushed that date back to late 1942, when the first specimen reached the frontline. I also moved the G43 back to 1944, because only about 50 were delivered in 1943. I also removed the FG42 from the main rifle slot of some FJG units, as this rifle was more used as a squad support weapon. I left it in the lmg troop.
I also gave the later finnish troops the DP. To mix up the rather bland Soviet setup a bit I added rare weapons like the PPD38, PPD40, AVT40 and for late 1944 maps the M44 Carbine. I also removed the SVT38/40s from later squads because the weapon was slowly phased out after 1942.
Obviously this stuff is mostly cosmetic and has no real effect on gameplay, just some fine tuning and personal preference.