.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old August 18th, 2009, 10:08 PM

Private

Azriel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Installing mod and map

Yay!

When I opened up Dominions, after re-installing it, I noticed that there were still saved games available. "Aha!" I said, "how is this possible?"
So I seached my hard drive for files or folders with the name "saved" and lo, what should I find but an entire Dominions3 Folder with a maps folder and a mods folder that no documentation or message ever told me it created.
And here I had created my own such folders thinking I was doing exactly as I should.
So I moved the mods and maps over to the newly found, but original, folders... and voila! It all works as it should.

Man... I was hunting down some really obscure trails. But I know a lot more about the various text editing endlines than I did yesterday!

So for those of you with Macs, search your hard drive for the dominions3 folder before you create your own. You just might be surprised.

Happy ending.
Old July 1st, 2010, 07:33 AM

Private

unimural is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Installing mod and map

Thanks for posting your results, Azriel :-)

Tbh, could at least the FAQ be updated regarding this, please? I admit I'm not terribly osx savvy, but I just spent almost an hour searching the forums/trying stupid things before finally finding this thread.

Apparently the savegame/mods directory tree is created directly in your homedir (grr, you could have atleast asked me).