.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 9th, 2010, 04:16 PM

First Lieutenant

13lackGu4rd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: new concept for MP

well, if you guys insist that Niefelheim+Caelum is that strong a team, personally I didn't deem Caelum as a powerhouse, than I guess we can have both Mictlan and Lanka... would be a shame to lose Abysia though, as it's the only Heat3 nation, as opposed to both Niefelheim and Caelum that have Cold3. without Abysia the Heat team will be mainly Heat2 with Mictlan's Heat1, not too thematic, and this is supposed to be a theme game after all...

so Hoplos, you can join the Heat team. so now we only need 1 more player. I think I'll join the Cold team along with Trumanator and Frozen Lama, so BigDaddy and Hoplos, if any of you guys can get someone to complete the Heat team than please do so

as for the map, I was thinking of "Small Divide" with fixed starting positions, each team on a different side/island. so rushing won't be too viable, should make for a longer and more interesting game in my opinion, without uber bless rushes(that both teams are capable of) deciding the outcome... but if you guys prefer a different map than we can do that too, I'm not fixed on it or anything, just looks like a good choice.
Old March 9th, 2010, 04:44 PM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road

Umm, anyone who doesn't play mict w/H3 is doing it wrong. Mict/Lanka/Aby would actually be a fairly strong team since both mict and aby can blood sac, making it hard for the cold team to push dom.
Old March 9th, 2010, 05:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

BigDaddy is an unknown quantity at this point

I was really going to play this game for flavor and to use Ctis. I'm already playing another game with Abysia (LA though... which is a lot different).
Old March 9th, 2010, 05:30 PM

First Lieutenant

13lackGu4rd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
I was really going to play this game for flavor and to use Ctis. I'm already playing another game with Abysia (LA though... which is a lot different).
well, if you insist on going for C'tis instead of Abysia than I wouldn't stop you... but yes, LA Abysia is a lot different than EA Abysia, and yes I know that EA Abysia is considered pretty weak, but along Mictlan and Lanka, and against Cold nations only, I don't think it's that bad...
Old March 9th, 2010, 05:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

Trash talking EA Abysia can be fun, but they'll still probably trash someone fairly early with armor and fireballs (if they were in this game!)
Old March 9th, 2010, 06:13 PM

BANNED USER

EA Aby is fine early game. Then you realize that you have no counter to their thugs w/fire res.
Old March 9th, 2010, 09:28 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumanator View Post
Umm, anyone who doesn't play mict w/H3 is doing it wrong. Mict/Lanka/Aby would actually be a fairly strong team since both mict and aby can blood sac, making it hard for the cold team to push dom.
I *usually* play mictlan with heat 3. But you don't have to. That being said, this will be an interesting game.

Whomever the niefle player is, as he spreads cold dominion naturally may well want to consider taking an abnormally high dominion, to help offset the ability of mictlan/lanka to blood sacrifice.

Still: Usually with a double+ bless mictlans scales are crappy - and you usually do not *want* to push them strenuosly. Waste of slaves; plus you're pushing your own crappy scales, on your own dominion.

Quite to the contrary. Since abysia doesn't *need* a bless, and can still blood sac, I would set abysia front and center and let him push dominion like mad.

Have mictlan and or lanka supply the blood knives, and blood slaves and have abysia build temples. By turn 6 you could be getting 20+ temple checks a turn and by turn 12 50+. Thats 20 candles every turn starting on turn 6. On a small map thats pretty devestating.

Combine with Rain of toads on Niefles capitol...

PS: Niefle is strong. I don't think its Lanka + mictlan strong - those are two very strong bless nations; this will make for a VERY interesting bless rush.
Old March 9th, 2010, 09:43 PM

General

Graeme Dice is on a distinguished road

I'd definitely be interested in playing as Abysia if this game goes forwards.
Old March 9th, 2010, 09:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

Even dbl blessed niefl can't rush abby EA (heat cloud) infantry in hot dominion. It kills other nations, much less neifl. But, what am I saying, I want to play Ctis!
Old March 9th, 2010, 10:59 PM

BANNED USER

I'm not saying that Nief can kill both, I just think people were vastly underestimating Caelum.