World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old April 6th, 2012, 06:47 PM

Corporal

whdonnelly is on a distinguished road
Default Russian vehicles

Hello,
Does anyone recognize the vehicles in the 17th photo down from the top? P-149 BMR and BTR 82A? Are these ADA?
Thanks
Will
Old April 6th, 2012, 11:09 PM

Corporal

Default Re: Russian vehicles

Let's see if the link I was referring to actually gets in there this time. LOL!

http://englishrussia.com/2011/10/17/...rifle-brigade/
Old April 7th, 2012, 01:41 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Russian vehicles

It looks like the new "BOOMERANG" APC I posted on in the APC Thread just very early yesterday morning. Your pic is to the left, mine from my post to the right.
Click image for larger version

Name:	pcenfrcm003-25.jpg
Views:	1408
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	11778 Click image for larger version

Name:	BTR-82A_wheeled_armoured_vehicle_personnel_carrier_Russia_Russian_army_001.jpg
Views:	3017
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	11777
My pic describes the APC as the BTR-82A.

Regards,
Pat
Old April 7th, 2012, 11:16 AM

Corporal

Pat,
Since BTR-82A is in IFV, I will have to come up with a new theory for the other vehicle. It seemed like it might have a different type of antenna, which has me guessing as to how digitized the newer MRBs are becoming.
Thanks
Will
Old April 7th, 2012, 12:35 PM

Lieutenant General

It looks like to me it's a BTR-82 configured as Recon/Surveillance vehicle. The rounded antenna/mast(?) in the front shows with my mouses magnifier a glass enclosure. I believe it might have the capability to come up much like a periscope for improved LOS. I don't see any weapons. Also it's possible it's a C&C vehicle also, but initially I'm inclined to go with the former. Worth looking into that tech is fairly new looking...but first have to get ready for work!!

Regards,
Pat
Old April 8th, 2012, 04:38 AM

Lieutenant General

Alright Will and others following along, here I go with my analysis and the complications of the research trail ...
1) We have only 26 open slots left in the Russian OOB.
2) Referring to your pic...
A. The APCs in the background are definitely the BTR-82A just fielded by the Russian Army in 2010 they (BTR-82 also.) are not in the game. They are improved beyond the info provided in the first ref. as I now have others since this is now on my list.
B. I'm strongly convinced the fore ground APC is the BTR-80K or
(GAZ-59032.) C&C APC. Note the vehicle just above the "MEDIA" section in the first ref. The antenna alignment and mast match. At first I thought it to be a new BTR-82 variant as indicated in my last post, however I was mistaken given more time to research this. The only
BTR-82 are as mentioned already and as shown in the first ref.
http://weaponsystems.net/weapon.php?...3%20-%20BTR-80

The further complications besides the available slots...
1) As just noted the BTR-82's are not in the game, the background is this, the BTR-82 as just fielded in late 2010 was meant as a stop gap measure due the many years the BTR-90 program has been delayed. Russia felt it needed a more capable APC to meet the asymmetrical threats now being posed in the modern battlefield. So where does this leave the BTR-90?
2) The BTR-90 has been in the developmental stage since ~1992 it has been plagued by many issues politically i.e. end of the Cold War and others plus a multitude of developmental and technical issues. So what has happened? Well it seems again the Russian OOB has had equipment entered based on developmental information, something myself, others, Andy and Don have been working hard to clean up across the board. The end result?
3) The "BOOMERANG" I'll bet is the BTR-90 as just posted in the APC Thread. How are we affected by this? Well as follows, Russian
UNIT 207 BTR-90M JAN 2008
can probably be deleted. Russian UNITS 307 & 308 BTR-90 ROSTOK JAN 2003 modified to BTR-90 BOOMERANG, MODIFY to BTR-90M STANDARD with ICON and change date to ~JAN 2014. As just published in the big book in Jan. 2012 I give you the below first ref. The second ref is Russian very reliable and have used it several times for equipment submissions, besides the read note the "Enter Service" line. Remember the BOOMERANG info is new now in April.
http://www.military-today.com/apc/btr_90.htm
http://en.rian.ru/mlitary_news/20120221/171439032.html

Of course this is now just a sample of my refs since this is again on my list. It's the "Down the Rabbit Hole" thing again!?!
For the BTR-90 those are only my pending recommendations.

I hope to those that celebrate it have a Happy Easter!!

Regards,
Pat
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old January 25th, 2013, 08:46 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,446 Times in 2,700 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Confused Re: Russian vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Russian UNITS 307 & 308 BTR-90 ROSTOK JAN 2003 modified to BTR-90 BOOMERANG, MODIFY to BTR-90M STANDARD with ICON and change date to ~JAN 2014. As just published in the big book in Jan. 2012 I give you the below first ref. The second ref is Russian very reliable and have used it several times for equipment submissions, besides the read note the "Enter Service" line. Remember the BOOMERANG info is new now in April.

http://en.rian.ru/mlitary_news/20120221/171439032.html

Pat

Here's the problem.

First off the two Rostok's are #308 and #309 but that's the simplest problem solved.

1/ None of the links you gave has any hard info about the vehicle that backs up what you asked me to change. Important information like armament is absent.

The first link ( weaponsystems ) is all about the BTR-80 ( great photos but... ) and doesn't even mention "Boomerang" .

The second ( military today ) is about the BTR-90 but does not mention anything about the "Boomerang"

The Third ( RIA Novosti ) link shows a very uninformative assembly line photo with zero real information other than " Russian Army to Get Boomerangs in 2013"

You ask me to modify the two Rostok's but don't say why both and not just one and delete the other then go on to ask me to "MODIFY to BTR-90M STANDARD with ICON and change date to ~JAN 2014

Well ........ the BTR-90M "STANDARD" is a vehicle with a 30mm AC AND a 100 mm gun.......The fact you said "with Icon" indicates to me that is exactly what you want but if that's the case why should I delete the existing BTR-90M in slot 207 just to change two other vehicles to that "STANDARD with ICON"

??

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Lets review........

You ask me to delete the existing BTR-90M only to change two other vehicles to that same standard with icon. You don't say why both of the Rostoks should be modified and you don't confirm if the 100mm gun is in use or not.

ON TOP OF THAT when I Google photos of "BTR-90 Boomerang" two of the three offered come from the Shrapnel forums and one of those showed up on a website as the BTR-82 . When I try to find any info on the BTR-90 "boomerang" on line I find out about as much as I just told you....... i.e. nada

So lets start at the beginning....... what do your sources say the armament of the BTR-90 is going to be ??

Don

Last edited by DRG; January 25th, 2013 at 08:54 PM..
Old January 26th, 2013, 02:55 PM

Lieutenant General

Have to work and will have company for the next couple of days so...

1. Delete UNIT 207 BTR-90M- Never got out of the prototype stage. But save somewhere as this should/could be the START POINT for the BTR-100/Boomerang WITH MODIFICATION.

2. BTR-90 program cancelled in Oct. 2011. Limited numbers built and mostly only used by internal security forces. Egress of troops was a flaw in it's design so was not used widely by front line units. So you can keep it to represent type or delete at your discretion.

3. FORGET BOOMERANG FOR NOW except as noted in #1.

4. ADD BTR-82/82A these were designed to fix the issues of the BTR-90 but still incorporate major improvements over the BTR-80. This is the "bridge" mod from the BTR-80/90 series to thew new BTR-100 BOOMERANG. Have more on the BTR-82 in the APC Thread from what's noted in the previous post to yours and it is shown in that BTER-80 Ref you noted.

Gotta run!!!!!!

Regards,
Pat
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:01 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,446 Times in 2,700 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

OK but the "BTR-100" is a replacement for the BMD-2 not the BTR-70's and 80's

I'm quite happy to wait and see for anything that's still in the "development" stage. When they start handing them out to real troops....... I'm interested.

Don
Old January 27th, 2013, 04:39 AM

Lieutenant General

This is for clarification...well maybe!?! I wish I didn't go back to the APC Thread it just shows how far behind my vision issue put me so everyone PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOUR EYES!! So much for the public service announcement. And before you say anything Don please note your final response on the last page of that thread as well!?! Time for business...

1. Reason I asked you to save the BTR-90M unit in a safe place is because the BOOMERANG will share many of the attributes of the BTR-90M such as the improved armor, newest and last turret used on the BMP-3 (Which Russia has supposedly stopped production on in 2010/2011.), FCS etc. I think the ICON will be good and expect only MINOR changes in Carry+, Speed+/=, ERA (Off some Russian Mil. Blog sites, and you know how I feel about them.) if it even gets built, those same blogs are questioning that as well, which is why and for other reasons I'm not willing to pull the trigger on that APC.

2. Since it seems your pursuing this line of APCs...
ADD/RUSSIA/JAN 2010/BTR-82/C3 P7 Both/TI/GSR 50 (3Km) Both/Weapons Turreted 14.5mm w/500Rds and coupled coaxial 7.62mm w/2K Rds/6 Smoke Dispensers and EW Both/BTR-82A/Weapons 2A72 30mm cannon w/500Rds and coupled coaxial 7.62mm w/2K Rds/
These are Russia's most advanced APCs. It will replace the BTR-70/80 series APCs. It is supposed to be fully amphibious. The 30mm ammo of the BTR-82A is supposedly a high density ramjet type projectile to allow it to inflict greater damage on targets. I keep coming up with 500 Rds for the 30mm on the NET. Sounds almost like the UK/French case mounted 40mm round of the FRES. Better armor protection then any BTR-80 variant. To the BTR-90M level for armor? Good pics in refs for each and in
POST #3 above.
http://www.armyrecognition.com/russi...res_video.html
http://www.armyrecognition.com/russi..._pictures.html
http://www.deagel.com/Wheeled-Armore...000348008.aspx

Better get to bed before the BOOMERANG will be the least of my problems!!?!!

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 27th, 2013 at 04:47 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: