Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old March 16th, 2013, 10:53 PM

Private

Basileus Ioannis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: B1-B Lancer and B2 Spirit JDAMs

Mea culpa, I apologize for insufficient playtest leading me to believe that PGM runs are always followed by overflight. I just tested with various tac air with and without a mix of weapon type 17 AGM/LGBs and type 11 aircraft weapons, and both types will exit immediately if the PGMs hit their target hex; however, ones with a mix will overfly even if they're out of type 17s because they have type 11 ammo left. I believe it was mixed loads that confused me into thinking all PGM strikes overfly the target, sorry. I understand the mechanics of this better now, thanks for enlightening me.

Therefore, JDAM-equipped aircraft should never carry a mixed load with type 11s, or there is a chance it will overfly the target if it can't find the target in the designated hex. I also see a problem with my suggestion #3, in that if the JDAM is used as a direct fire weapon, there's insufficient delay from launch to target, which will allow misuse of JDAMs against mobile targets, hence they still use LGBs and AGMs against these today. I apologize for the screw-up, and withdraw my suggestions.

John
Old March 17th, 2013, 02:39 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: B1-B Lancer and B2 Spirit JDAMs

Well at least you looked into things at first, wouldn't beat yourself up to badly. I promise not to point you to any posts this time ! However you should've seen my first posts in the forum on a question concerning MRAPs in the game. After about 2-3 pages of posts on the matter the light bulb finally came on. It started with me being very the help I got started out , , , towards (Were did he come from!?!), , , . I hung in there since I while until FINALLY I got it and boy was I then everything was and I think even a and some occured! Some I think hoped I would even go away after all the it took for me to figure things out but as we know I didn't so...! But seriously I've taken in and learned from everyone out here and it's been overall a great experience for me. In my current line of work and in my shift in particular "you can't be thinned skinned here..." but we'll bend over backwards to help you as long as you're willing to help yourself first. Kinda true around here to it seems. Your posting good stuff but then I always was partial to research and refs!?!
And sometimes and thankfully only every couple of years or so, I just really like those "smiley dudes" which reminds me hope you all have a Happy St. Paddy's Day !! I think a Southwick's or two will be in order later today!!

Regards,
Pat
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old March 17th, 2013, 02:43 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

I've annoyed Don a time or two myself.

OK, OK, a time or forty ... picky, picky, picky ...

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old March 17th, 2013, 02:48 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir,
I'll race you!?! Besides I run on Nuclear Power!! And just to stay on topic they've increased the bomb load on the B-1 (serious part) which let's them drop more things that go boom (maybe less serious part) when they hit the ground! I need to talk to a pilot about the TRANCHE 3 EUROFIGHTER (serious part again) ground attack capabilities. Time to go!!! Everyone please enjoy the rest of your weekends and have a safe week!!

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 17th, 2013 at 02:59 AM..
Old March 17th, 2013, 03:42 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

I will give the US Air Force credit.
I have yet to see them miss the ground.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old March 17th, 2013, 04:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,445 Times in 2,700 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
...a Happy St. Paddy's Day !! I think a Southwick's or two will be in order later today!!

Regards,
Pat

SMITHWICK'S !
Old March 17th, 2013, 08:32 PM

Private

Basileus Ioannis is on a distinguished road

Thanks Pat, I don't think I've seen a finer collection of Smilies in one post! I am a tad as I worked playtest at a game company twenty years ago, I shoulda known better (mebbe a little rusty, having changed careers in the interim). Did a little scripting in C back then, helping the programmers who had to deal with our bug reports, so I'm keenly aware of the PITA to ROI ratio the team has to deal with. I admit that since picking up Steel Panthers III, I've spent less and less time playing than researching, and it's been a quarter century since I've pushed metal even though I still collect microarmor

Happy St. Paddy's Day to all!

John
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:11 PM

Lieutenant General

Well well I see some things haven't changed. It's not easy being the "moral officer" at work and here!?! So to Suhiir the race is on! May the winner "lose" in the context of your post, we've only got to Jan 2022 for the last equipment post for the 2020 items!?! John thank you for yours, I do what I can!! And leave it to me to leave it to Don to catch that type error again!?! And for the sake of Don , I'll be brief . There's a well known Irish Pub in Savannah, Ga. were I asked for that fine Irish Ale as it appears on the label to the barkeep (I was duly corrected and took my pint and smartly removed myself from the area of the misunderstanding!), let's just say though try as I might I can't seem to pronounce it in the proper Irish fashion. Alas , since that incursion and affront to the nation and people of Ireland, as I begin to ask for it now when we go, and out of deference to my heritage, Alto Tenor voice and finally to maintain peace amongst our nations the pint magically appears now!! So in conclusion, and due to the lack of my pronunciation skills, I went to the fridge to verify the spelling and we see the final result of that now!! ALAS I SAY it's Don again to correct me!! Tis a cruel, cruel world out there. But fear not!! After doing battle in the yard removing nuisance trees and vines with thrones, I sat down to my Irish dinner in observance of the day and had that misnamed ale and enjoyed it in the Sunset of the day however it's pronounced!!
So in the spirit of the day as everyone is Irish today no matter where you come from always keep what's important to you closest to your heart always and protect them as if there was no tomorrow. For someday there won't be one. Cheers !!
Don and Andy again for another year I hope that helped as you both head down the "home stretch" again.
John P. how was my brevity, yeah I know missed the mark again-sorry Don!

Regards,
Pat