War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old April 2nd, 2007, 04:25 PM

Private

WarrenO is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie - Battle Points Question

Hi All,

Firstly - great game. Played the original Steel Panthers Years ago and what you guys have done it is fantastic. Many hours invested by the looks of it!

I had loads of questions but by reading through the previous posts I have answered most of them.

I set up a long campaign and being new - set the Battle Points as 700. It would be too much to handle otherwise!
Now - many battles later my core is just above 3000 points. Does the AI take this into account or does it still use the 700 as a reference when generating a battle...??

I`m saying this as I`ve just had a battle in the Western Desert and the opposition was one tank and a handful of infantry units.... Do I have to update the AI battle points in the preferences each time I update my core force??

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 05:13 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,510 Times in 2,719 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Newbie - Battle Points Question

The AI should be recalculating it's points based on your new core size when buying for the AI. You don't say what nation you are playing or what nation was the opponent in this campaign. Even with 700 points it should have had more than one tank and a handful of infantry units but the AI will sometimes hold back forces and bring them on as reinforcements but it's impossible to say for sure without seeing a save

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:02 PM

Private

WarrenO is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newbie - Battle Points Question

Thanks for the reply Don - apologies for the delay - unfortunately work gets in the way....

I understand now how the Battle Points are calculated.

As a note I am playing a long campaign as Germany. The date was October 1941 in the Western Desert versus GB. Unfortunately I don`t have a game save for that particular battle.

The next battle I fought was a bit of a learning curve. I was doing fine until I ran into a strong AT position and lost most of my armour.... Lesson learnt in a hard way - I was way too casual and didn`t do enough scouting or screening of my position (smoke). I`m still learning how to play this game!