This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old March 17th, 2004, 04:05 PM

Major General

Ruatha is on a distinguished road
Default Nearly Gods - The Conflict 5 - Open slot on turn 4

The Fractal Dominion in Nearly Gods - The Conflict 5 is up for grabs. It's a scenario game with 4 competative gods, one reclusive god race and 15 minor races. No intel. See further down on page for complete rules.
The race will be played by the current player until someone decides to take over, the game has only been running for 4 turns!

The Empire is a merchant race living on Ice Carbon Dioxide planets. It's currently at 5:th position of the minor races (Which this early into the game, 2400.4 doesn't mean very much though). It's a temporal race with race characteristics weighed towards agressivness/defensiveness, Mineral production, construction and maintnance and reproduction. Avarage in research and under avarage in all else, it's a 0 points race as all minors in the game.

Come and try it out and see if you like it.
Ever played a temporal race before??

Mail me for a peak view of it to see if it's to your liking.
The game is called (Nearly Gods) the Conflict 5 at PBW and is as said a 20 player scenario game.

All custom shipsets used in the game can be downloaded in a single zip file.

------------
GAME RULES:
============

ANCIENTS:
1. Ancients (4) cannot attack eachothers homesystem (or enter it) before turn 80 (Build, build , build).
2. No gifts or trades whatever.
3. Ancients cannot attack minor races before turn 120, only defend. Therefore, before turn 120 all ancients must offer and accept atleast non-agression treaty with all minors. Use your minors to kill off those who won't ally themselfs with you!
4. The ancients cannot have colonies outside their homesystem! The only exception is in other ancients homesystems (after turn 80) or the First ones system.
This means that the ancients are limited to 5 systems, for ever.
5. The ancients aren't allowed to hand down tech to minors. Only research points and resources through treaties.

MINORS
1. Minor races may attack whomever they want to.
2. AI minor races may enter treaties with all other races, how they wish.
3. Disregarding rule 6, human played minor races may only have military alliance or partnership with one ancient race at a time, but whatever treaty they wish with how many minor races as they wish.

FIRST ONE
1. First race (1) may not attack anyone or leave their homesystem unless:
2. The first race is used for police actions in case of violation of the above rules.
3. First ones cannot have any treaties with anyone else.

ALL
1. Retroseries are allowed. (If you want to pay for it use it) .
2. Absolutely no e-mail diplomacy prior to in-game contact. You may mail each other on all other issues but not concerning in-game events and strategies prior to in-game contact.
3. Total turtelling is forbidden!
(You may shut down worm-holes and build system gravitational shields but there must always be atleast one way to enter a system. If it doesn't have any worm-holes it can't have a system gravitational shield.
This goes for individual systems aswell as your entire empire.
You may shutdown all wormholes into your empire, then you may build system gravitational shields in all systems but one!)

ADMINISTRATION
1. Breaking the rules may result in a warning, or being kicked from the game. Depending on the nature and severity of the transgression. Or an attack by the first ones on the ancients or a minor race (even one who hasn't broken the rules if it's associated with a rule-breaking ancient). Decided by the host.
2. When an empire becomes without player the host might go in and check that empire from time to time until a replacement is found, he will then see to it that the empire builds defences.
3. Missing four consecutive turns without notifying the host will get you kicked.
(Mail the host if you're going to be away a longer time)
4. We will try to run automated turns, so try to avoid asking for "Last player upload turns". So before asking for the game to be taken off automatic timed turns consider it thouroghly! ALPU is reserved for big events like marriage, childbirth and deaths in the family. The turn time might be increased in the future as turns become bigger and take more time to play.
5. The host has absolute power in hosting issues, questions might be put to a vote or decided upon by the host.

WIN CONDITION
The win will be collective and equal for all in the winning team;
Winning is achieved by either one ancient forming partnership or military alliance with all remaining minor races, even if there is only one ancient left he must achieve this goal, atleast one minor race must be left at the game's end.
So who can win?
- One ancient race and it's minor races.
- One minor race or a team of minor races who are left standing when all else are extinct (All other ancients and minors).
This means that there might from 1-16 winners in this game (One ancient and all minors).
(If all ancients are destroyed the winner will be decided by the remaining players and the gamehost, in that case the game ends when the players think so.)
The First ones cannot win and is not counted as an ancient in above win conditions.

================================================== =
SETTINGS (NOT RULES, THESE YOU DON'T NEED TO REMEMBER
================================================== =

PLAYERS
1, First one: In the center of teh galaxy, more racial points and better system than the ancients, no worm holes connecting to rest of galaxy.
2-5: 4 Ancients, 3000 racial points, great starting system with sphereworld as starting planet, ruins with all tech, 2 ringworlds, plenty of planets.
All adjusted to the players planet type and atmosphere.
6-20: 15 normal races, 0 racial points, normal start.

MAP
The galaxy is 255 systems with plenty of planets, normal amounts of wormholes. Middle-life standard sector 2300+ planets, edited manually. Minimum 4 systems between players. Some long distance worm-holes to avoid closing-in of some empires. Some extra odd systems. Nothing game un-balancing.

SETTINGS
1.NORMAL SE IV GOLD patch 4 v 1.91 no Mods.
2. No tech trading, No tech gifts. No gifts or trading at all.
3. Low tech start.
4. High tech cost.
5. No surrendering.
6. Only own score is shown.
7. 0 Starting race points for minors, 3000 for ancients and 5000 for first ones.
8. Intel is disabled, set your cunning to 50%.
9. Max 100 mines/sector.
10. Max units 20000
11. Max Ships 8000
12. 1 Starting planets.
13. 48 Hours timed fully automatic turns. (If all players upload before then the game turn will be executed)
Eventually it might be moved to 72 hours if empires get large and turns takes more time.
14. Starting Resources 100000
15. Home planet Value: Good
16. Event Frequency: None
17. Auto-nag when 8 hours remind of turn time, auto-nag Last two player to upload. (I do not send mails manually telling you to "Hop to it"!! so don't complain to the host about being nagged!)

OTHER
1. Always have a valid e-mail adress where the host can reach you.
2. Max/min of racial traits is allowed (if you want to do it you'll have to pay the prize by lowering something else) (RECOMMENDATION: Increase defence, offense and maintnance reduction)
3. Roleplaying is encouraged aswell as in-game stories. But not required!
4. The aim of this game is to have FUN.
5. When uploading your empire mark wich shipset you are using. No duplicate shipsets allowed. If you are using a stock shipset select "STOCK SHIPSET -XXXXXX" Where XXXXX is the shipset you are using, it must be the same as when you created your empire file.
6. It might not be me who hosts the game, if I have to go away for awhile I'll set up a guest host.
7. There might be more than one host at any given time, no host should participate in the game as something else as first one race.

======================

Some questions that have arised that I belive all should get the answer too.

The ancients must offer and accept atleast non-agression treaties with all minors. Anytime a minor offer non-agression the ancients must accept, the ancients may refuse higher treaties if they wish, but then please offer non-agression instead.

There are ways an ancient may sabotage for the minors:
Closing worm-holes, blowing up stars and/or planets in uninhabited systems.
Blockading warp points (Not so useful as the minors can choose a treaty to by-pass).
Making nebulas and black holes in uninhabited systems.

And there are ways an ancient may help a minor:
Build new warp points.
Construct planets.
Destroy storms.
Guard warp points or planets against other ancients with a fleet or units; sats, fighters, mines.

What they cannot do even if it would be possible:
Destroying inhabited planets and systems, then the first ones will leave their center system for a while!
Building tech filled ships that are captured by the minors, by intent. (If you're just stupid it will pass, but the first ones will make that judgement and they will have a hard time beliving it!!)

One more important rule: The ancients are not allowed to build a system gravitational shield in their system, the minors and the ancients must be able to pop in. Other than that you may defend your system hovewer you wish.

The minors aren't allowed to do total turtelling, there must always be atleast one theoretical way into your system, it migh not have any warp points but then it can't have a system gravitational shield, if it has a system gravitational shield it must have atleast a warp point.

[ March 17, 2004, 15:20: Message edited by: Ruatha ]
Old March 20th, 2004, 07:29 PM

Major General

Ruatha is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nearly Gods - The Conflict 5 - Open slot on turn 4

Bump.
Old March 25th, 2004, 01:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

Roanon is on a distinguished road

Bump
Old April 14th, 2004, 07:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

Bump. I'm about to hand it over to AI, would be nice if a replacement can be found as it is still in a manageable state, even with the disadvantage of a race being designed for a mineral rich universe suddenly finding itself in a very resource-poor
environment.
Old April 14th, 2004, 08:40 PM

Sergeant

QuarianRex is on a distinguished road

I'll bite. Sounds like an interesting game, one that I was thinking of joining back when it started but I didn't think that I had the time. Turns out that I do.

Just let me know when you release the empire and maybe send me a PM leting me know any relevant info on the status of the Empire and/or relations with the neighbors.
Old April 14th, 2004, 11:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

Great. Details sent. I'll withdraw now, you can apply.