Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old August 17th, 2005, 11:40 AM

Private

Chapman2424 is on a distinguished road
Default Remote-fired Roadside Weapon ?

Anyone experimented with a Roadside IED or remote-fired RPG-7 system - I am stumped with how to approach this project. I would like it to act similar to a mine - used in defensive perimeters - having the ability to "sense" a target approach within a hex - then initiate and attack a target (mainly vehicles). Reading thru Jane's Infantry Wpns - I have seen that the Germans have toyed with a remote fire platform of the Panzerfaust (multi-charge ATGM) - is it possible to configure a unit with 0 crew to attack ANY vehicle target when it approaches ??

Any thoughts or input would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen
Old August 17th, 2005, 12:21 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Remote-fired Roadside Weapon ?

Quote:
Chapman2424 said:
Anyone experimented with a Roadside IED or remote-fired RPG-7 system - I am stumped with how to approach this project. I would like it to act similar to a mine - used in defensive perimeters - having the ability to "sense" a target approach within a hex - then initiate and attack a target (mainly vehicles). Reading thru Jane's Infantry Wpns - I have seen that the Germans have toyed with a remote fire platform of the Panzerfaust (multi-charge ATGM) - is it possible to configure a unit with 0 crew to attack ANY vehicle target when it approaches ??

Any thoughts or input would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen
A unit with 0 crew is a dead unit.

The mine game piece is a genric mine - it does not care if it is a track cutter mine, s-mine, or a remote LAW type mine. It simply represents 50 metres of hex with some nasty explosive device(s) present (the exact technology is irrelevant - the result is equivalent). Mine the road hex, add more mines for increased chance of tripping one.

Cheers
Andy
Old August 18th, 2005, 01:13 AM

Corporal

Sewter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Remote-fired Roadside Weapon ?

Maybe if you created/used a shp icon which represented an invisible unit. If you can not see it, then it may be useful for your concept. Unfortunately, I do not think that you can fool the computer/IA, as it will find it as a target even though it appears 'invisible'. As written above, it needs at least one crew member. Which may not give you the weapon you're seeking. An example: I once tried to create suicide bombers using infantry icons as ammo carriers armed with a bomb. It didn't really work well, because the bomber either survived, or was 'born again' as a crew member! Not very realistic. Unless you believe in reincarnation. You can also try creating a weapon similar to a 500lb (example) bomb with range. Give it to an infantry unit. IE: armed with bomb with 3 range. Only one bomb. It could be neat.