.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old October 21st, 2006, 10:07 AM

Captain

atul is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug or feature? (What\'s wrong with this image

"I'm not fat, I just have big bones!"

QED
Old October 21st, 2006, 05:48 PM

Corporal

Etaoin Shrdlu is on a distinguished road

I just had a thought regarding the Unequaled Obesity heroic ability. Under my proposal:
1. Undead beings cannot get this (see Archonsod's post three up.). Makes no thematic sense.
2. If a female character ends up with it, a fertility cult springs up in whatever province she goes through. Scales slapped to Growth 3 while there, dropping back to local at one scale/turn after she leaves. Local Dominion is reduced by the number of Growth scale tips (Ex. from Death 2 scale local Dom drops 5 points or to 0 if it was less than 5 to start with) recovering normally. (This mechanic may only make sense in Early Era.)
Discuss.
Old October 22nd, 2006, 12:37 AM

Lieutenant General

Cainehill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Etaoin Shrdlu said:
I just had a thought regarding the Unequaled Obesity heroic ability. Under my proposal:
2. If a female character ends up with it, a fertility cult springs up in whatever province she goes through. Scales slapped to Growth 3 while there, dropping back to local at one scale/turn after she leaves. Local Dominion is reduced by the number of Growth scale tips (Ex. from Death 2 scale local Dom drops 5 points or to 0 if it was less than 5 to start with) recovering normally. (This mechanic may only make sense in Early Era.)
Discuss.
Ewww! Female gets it, fertility / pop growth should _decrease_! It'd be different if she got "Awe/Seduction/etc" with it, _maybe_, but ....

Though there are some pretenders that'd make sense for, or if the Sacred Dancer commanders could get "exotic dancer" for a heroic ability
Old October 22nd, 2006, 04:04 AM

Private

Talleyrand is on a distinguished road

Lol, those screenshots are hilarious.

--Friedrich Nietzche
Old October 23rd, 2006, 12:16 AM

Corporal

Etaoin Shrdlu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Cainehill said:
Quote:
Etaoin Shrdlu said:
Discuss.
(1)Ewww! Female gets it, fertility / pop growth should _decrease_! It'd be different if she got "Awe/Seduction/etc" with it, _maybe_, but ....

(2)Though there are some pretenders that'd make sense for, or if the Sacred Dancer commanders could get "exotic dancer" for a heroic ability
Responding to (1): Back in prehistory/ dawn of civilization, that was (excuse the pun) a big thing. Meant she'd survive a bad season. Priorities have changed since, but at the point in history that matches up with the events in hand extra weight was actually a positive. Think Venus of Willendorf (sp?)
(2): Pretenders don't get heroic abilities for being Hall of Famers.