World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old March 4th, 2015, 05:14 PM

Sergeant

dmnt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SP and SPAA Developments

Out of the blue Finns present the improved SPAA Marksman upgrade:

Remember how the T-55 hull Marksman SPAA ItPsv 2010 upgrade was cancelled (and removed from OOB) after prototype and the Marksman pulled from training altogether in 2010? All of sudden FDF announces that they have accepted the new prototype and that is built on Leopard 2A4 hull! (Source: Panssari-lehti 1/2015: http://www.panssarikilta.fi/Lehti/)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	25zmtdw.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	13485  
Old March 5th, 2015, 02:25 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: SP and SPAA Developments

I'm going to introduce a new ref here that focuses on Europe and especially Poland but still manages to maintain a world view. I've waited for a while to see how they did against their contemporaries I've used for years to include JANE'S. We'll benefit from the added content, I hope they'll be useful and you enjoy their work. Same applies as posted in the Jets Thread.

1. Poland and the KRAB 155mm SPA along with rechecking the issue concerning the South Korean THUNDER and Turkeys T-155 FIRTINA. That the KRAB will need some rework in the Polish OOB I don't doubt, however, I hope about the other two it'll be more of a verification process () though along with the K2 MBT, South Korea has had issues with the "THUNDER" as well. Below is an excerpt taken from the ref below it. The emboldening is mine.
"Despite the fact that the license for manufacturing the Turrets for the Krab howitzers has been purchased back in 1999, ever since then the Polish Army has received only 8 vehicles, most of which faced defects in the chassis. MoD Secretary of State, Czesław Mroczek, claimed that he will not tolerate any further delays in the Krab programme. The issue has been thoroughly analysed by Defence24.pl."
http://www.defence24.com/analysis_kr...nds-the-crisis

2. LEBANON will keep me busy in the APC area as well but since we're here, CAESAR has come back again to the region...
http://www.janes.com/article/49274/i...caesar-systems

3. CHILE gets 12 M109A5 155mm SPA units...
http://www.armyrecognition.com/febru...howitzers.html

4. When INDIA gets their "**** in one sock" they can develop very advanced systems case in point the AKASH SPAA platform...
http://www.armyrecognition.com/febru...e_systems.html

5. UK orders FLAADS SPAA using the highly successful CAMM Missile (Land version) that was originally developed for use by the RN...
http://www.janes.com/article/47936/u...stem-from-mbda

6. IRAQ has received the BULGARIAN D-20 152mm as well as Russian artillery. I believe Don will enter the TOS-1A when they (Andy) decide they are ready to do so. So as I pointed out on one of the items from the JET Thread last night there's again "news within the news" with this ref...
http://www.janes.com/article/47872/i...rian-d-20-guns

7. INDIA again this time has started to field an upgraded version of the ZSU-23-4 Schilka, hopefully the Russian OOB might provide something I can refer to if not well it won't be the first time we reinvented the wheel...
http://www.army-technology.com/news/...om-bel-4451712

That should do it for now here, so good night!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 5th, 2015 at 02:33 AM..
Old March 5th, 2015, 06:41 AM

Corporal

PvtJoker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
7. INDIA again this time has started to field an upgraded version of the ZSU-23-4 Schilka, hopefully the Russian OOB might provide something I can refer to if not well it won't be the first time we reinvented the wheel...
http://www.army-technology.com/news/...om-bel-4451712
It appears to be a locally designed upgrade instead of any of the Russian upgrades. New radar and digital FC.

Quote:
The addition of an electro-optical system that can operate in parallel with the radar enables accurate identification, acquisition and tracking of targets while operating in an electronic countermeasure environment.
That probably means that it has a laser rangefinder and TV camera with a thermal channel for tracking the targets without radar, even if they are not mentioned explicitly. It could also have an IRST system, but that is less certain. In any case, a daylight only optical system would make little sense in 2015.
Old March 5th, 2015, 06:41 AM

Sergeant

dmnt is on a distinguished road

More on Marksman, quick notes:
Training conscripts restarts after ~10 years, upgraded Marksman AA training will start in 2016 using Leopard 2 platform. Apparently the 2010 upgrades have been done but no specifics at this point.

Also SP artillery to be modernized but unspecified whether this will mean buying PzH 2000s or modernizing the existing soviet era stuff.

So 2016 will see a lot of new stuff rolled down to the conscripts.
Old March 5th, 2015, 08:32 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

5. UK orders FLAADS SPAA using the highly successful CAMM Missile (Land version) that was originally developed for use by the RN...
http://www.janes.com/article/47936/u...stem-from-mbda

QUOTE--
According to the MoD FLAAD Land should be ready for entry into service at "the end of the decade". This should allow for a smooth change over with the retirement of the Rapier, scheduled to begin in 2020

It's a safe bet this is not going to meet the 2020 "deadline"
Old March 5th, 2015, 01:22 PM

Lieutenant General

Agree about the FLAAD for UK some of this was meant as just the "news" but worth tracking should the dates slip more into the favor of the current games time period. But this would be useful too anyone who tries to do a post 2020 game.

About India's upgrade of the ZSU-23-4 Schilka, I did use the words "I can refer to..." it makes Don's life a lot easier if I can find if you will a "baseline" unit from which to work from since, we will never truly know the full extent of or the technical issues involved in many of the upgrades involved on a certain piece of equipment so history helps. In this case a Russian upgraded unit of the same type provides us with that "baseline" from which when I submit this Indian ZSU-23-4 Schilka it'll be easier to address any further enhancements to said unit within acceptable game parameters.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old March 5th, 2015, 05:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

It's already been adjusted. I have no doubt that unit 52 in that OOB that show(ed) an upgrade in 2011 * co-incidentally when this project was announced... was entered to represent this upgrade which I have adjusted for date and capabilities

Last edited by DRG; March 5th, 2015 at 05:11 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 6th, 2015, 02:01 AM

Lieutenant General

Don,
Thanks! One less item to worry about however, it's ashamed it had to be a fairly easy one!

Regards,
Pat

Old June 15th, 2015, 03:49 PM

Lieutenant General

Don,
Is this an easy one or should I just keep it on my list? Organizing my bookmarks in MOZILLA to transfer them from old PC > flash drive > my new PC.

Brazil/ASTROS/UNITS 180-182/Issue Battery size/see quote from and ref below.

"A full ASTROS system includes 1 wheeled 4×4 Battalion level Command Vehicle (AV-VCC), which commands 3 batteries, and a series of 6×6 wheeled vehicles. Each battery consists of:
1 4×4 Battery-level Command vehicle (AV-PCC)
1 Fire Control vehicle (AV-UCF)
6 Rocket launchers (AV-LMU)
6 Ammunition resupply vehicles (AV-RMD)
1 Recovery vehicle (AV-OFVE)
1 4×4 Mobile weather station (AV-MET). Ambient and active weather affect artillery."

This is very possible, but, unless I'm missing something here, I believe UNITS 180-183 are only showing 3 Launchers.
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/...avibras-07069/

One WORLD/One OOB.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; June 15th, 2015 at 04:02 PM..
Old June 15th, 2015, 10:01 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

You are correct, those units represent 3 launchers

Those units should be called sections and the formations doubled to put two sections in a Battery . Formation 201 is named correctly but needs another section and Formation 200 needs 6 sections total

now corrected

Thanks

Don

Last edited by DRG; June 15th, 2015 at 10:13 PM..