Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old May 9th, 2007, 06:16 PM

Private

PPoS is on a distinguished road
Default Armoured Company HQ

Hello to everyone, great to be a part of this game and the forum ! I've been playing WinSPWW2 and WinSPMBT for quite a while now and I must say there's no other game with the same amount of amusement and detail, great job !

Now on to my problem ..
I've just started my own little pet project with a campaign that starts in September 1939 with the German invasion of Poland. Now I want to keep it as authentic and realistic as possible and I run into a slight problem. The first mission is an Blitz assault on a large Polish city which is spearheaded by two German Panzer companies and supported by mech. infantry among other things.
Now if one look at the different German Panzer companies that are avaible to buy they are (probably, no doubts) authentic, but my sources states that the German light panzer company consisted of Panzer I's, Panzer II's and either Panzer III's or Czech Panzer 38's or 35's. Now here's where the problem comes into the picture, I want to have to light panzer companies consisting of a mix of Panzer I's and Panzer II's, which isn't really possible. And second, I want company HQ tanks ! I mean real Panzer Befehlswagen's like the Panzer Befehlswagen I or III but this insn't really possible either 'cause there are none of these modeled except the Panzer Bf.W.I which is a FO vehicle, can one simply cross-attach platoons to make this work ?
Old May 11th, 2007, 01:46 AM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Armoured Company HQ

Hello again, PPoS

I'm assuming you are familar with the MOBHACK. I believe in my HQ's being under armour, my solution has been to convert some Panzers to Befehlswagens in the MH. I remove guns and /or Mg's as per the real thing, up the radio points and reclass them as scout vehicles. First thing I do after the first battle is over is convert my HQ to a Befehlswagen. In long campaigns I've been known to ride my BefehlsTiger into the thick of the battle. Only down side to this is the enemy at times will figure out your HQ element is such and such unit and your chances of being killed are greater than if you were cam'd up in some woods in the rear. C'est l'guerre, Nes, pas!!

Hope this helps, Cheers, Bob

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe
Old May 11th, 2007, 09:08 AM

Corporal

Shan is on a distinguished road

For your first problem - you want a custom-made company - if you dont want to use Mobhack and have a quick solution, just buy a company, then discard the platoons you dont want and buy your light platoons or whatever, then during the deployment turn dont forget to attach them to the appropriate company HQ.

Creating a Panzerbefehlswagen should also be fairly simple - just take a PzIV, remove the main gun from weapon slot1 - and maybe u need to re-classify it as a Sturmgeschuetz, as the turret of those PzBefWg couldnt be moved - they had a standard bow MG as well as a MG in the turret which was mounted in bow-MG style in the right front, next to the wooden fake gun. Also, the radio rating should be increased, as that was the main reason for removing the main gun + ammo - having long-range radios.
Old May 13th, 2007, 12:00 PM

Private

PPoS is on a distinguished road

Yeah I bought a company and added my own platoons and cross-attached them, and it worked just fine.

I'am very familiar with MobHack and I was experimenting with creating my own Befehlswagens but if I reclassify a tank to Unit Type "HQ" would it work correctly ? Maybe I can convert them to scouts as as PanzerBob said, does this work fine ? Anyway just putting a higher value on radio isn't enough for me, I want the Befehlswagen to be commandeerd by one of higher rank, do I have to use the map editor to do this ?