World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old March 18th, 2013, 10:35 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout USA 1944 War Dept. TO&Es

I have this game and have a VERY LONG USA generated Campaign ongoing from North Africa to the end of the war maxed out at 99 battles. Also I've read as much as I can on the war to include the prize of my collection Churchill's 1st Ed. (U.S.) complete set of "The Second World War". Currently reading "The Day Of The Panzer" by Jeff Danby dealing primarily with the U.S. invasion of Southern France. I have sent this on earlier in the week copied from the book so not very readable along with the refs from the military history section in Wash. D.C. they matched up to within 10 men at the Battalion level. For the TD TO&E it could've included the M18 or M36 depending on unit and time frame. These tables reflect what the units used in S. France which is why you'll see the M10. Note the units noted below were also supported by a platoon of M8 SPA as well though not shown in the charts.
So from the author and with his permission...

"I do not know how long the Army retained the structure displayed in these charts. You could probably do a Google search of each of the TO&Es to see when they were updated. I would imagine some changes took place before the Korean war, but probably nothing too dramatic." and "Just one final thought on those WWII organizational charts. There was some variance that took place within these individual units. For example, the 756th had motorcycles in their HQ. These may have been holdovers from earlier TO&Es. Also, during the S. France campaign, each of the medium tank companies’ 105mm howitzers were equipped with a bulldozer attachment. They retained these at least through Colmar in January of 1945. It was also common to use captured German gear (motorcycles, trucks were favorites) as unofficial equipment. L Company /15th had a captured motorcycle they used until the battalion commander told them to get rid of it (I suspect he feared his own men being shot because of the motor sound…it wasn't a Harley!). Also, B Company of the 756th used a captured German covered trailer as a mobile/office command post."

And now the charts...

Click image for larger version

Name:	US Inf BN TO&E.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	12443 Click image for larger version

Name:	US Inf RC TO&E.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	12444

Click image for larger version

Name:	US Med TC TO&E.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	12441 Click image for larger version

Name:	US Tk DES. CO. TO&E.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	12442

I hope these will be of some use or interest to you all here. As I have plenty to do "next door" I'll leave you all alone. I enjoy looking in here, good stuff all. Thank You for your time!

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 25th, 2021 at 07:19 PM..