.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old June 18th, 2004, 02:01 PM

Sergeant

Molog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions II Bug Thread

Found a bug with the corrupt commander of the demon lord Belial. If you select Belial and a couple of other sneaking commanders together and select "corrupt commander", then all the other sneaking commanders also get the "corrupt commander" orders. The order works for them too.

Works with seduce too.

[ June 20, 2004, 01:13: Message edited by: Molog ]
Old June 18th, 2004, 11:32 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road

Classic Bug:

Units/Commanders are auto-killed when they are unable to retreat after 40-50 turns. If a stalemate occurs during a battle the attacking units should be auto-retreated into neighboring provinces.
Old June 18th, 2004, 11:35 PM

NTJedi, that isn't a bug. It's the way it was decided that it would be based on the options. Maybe you'd like it to be changed, but it's not a 'bug'.
Old June 19th, 2004, 12:34 PM

Private

Roffax is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I'm not sure if this belongs to this topic, but as this is my first post to this forum, if i
I should post this in another topic, I trust someone will advice me.

my laptop t21 IBM, w2k 250m memory s3 graph card,
crashes/freezes on first turn. Creating new god and new game goes fine, but when I start playing it takes a minute or so and my computer goes tottally unresponsive state, I have to remove battery to boot. Has anyone else had this type of problems with Dom2?

Roffax
Old June 19th, 2004, 02:04 PM

Private

Roffax is on a distinguished road

Thanks for advice, tried it but still same result, are there memory requirements for graph card?
Old June 20th, 2004, 01:13 AM

Major

Nagot Gick Fel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Roffax:
my laptop t21 IBM, w2k 250m memory s3 graph card,
crashes/freezes on first turn. Creating new god and new game goes fine, but when I start playing it takes a minute or so and my computer goes tottally unresponsive state, I have to remove battery to boot. Has anyone else had this type of problems with Dom2?
I had a similar problem on a Dell laptop (otherwise same OS, same RAM, and -I think- S3-based graphic card). Works fine with these flags: -w -x -s -m

ie: windowed, fast graphics, no sound, no music
Old June 20th, 2004, 04:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

Scott Hebert is on a distinguished road

Er, this isn't a bug, per se, but I recall someone wondering about the cost of the Gryphon Rider of the Garnet Amazons, and why they Gryphon doesn't fight on after its leader's death

Well, the other day I was trying to make an "Amazonia" mod (a nation where you get all the Amazons, but no one else). I thought I had modded in the Gryphon Rider, but I got the Gryphon instead. Perhaps the reason that the Gryphons aren't appearing is because the name of the unit isn't being called correctly on the death of the rider?

Or were they considered too powerful if the Gryphon lived on after their rider's death, and was removed?

Just thought people might want to know.

Edit: Er, never mind. I modded the wrong unit in. OTOH, if you read the description of the Gryphon unit, it is clearly linked to the Garnet Society. I'm not sure what's going on, exactly. Sorry.

[ June 20, 2004, 03:29: Message edited by: Scott Hebert ]
Old June 20th, 2004, 04:38 PM

Sergeant

Karacan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Roffax:
Thanks for advice, tried it but still same result, are there memory requirements for graph card?
Try to patch up your DirectX and your graphic drivers to the latest Version. A friend of mine had a similar problem with his dual-boot linux/win machine, and while it continously crashed after five minutes under linux, it runs great under windows, so it was most likely a driver issue. This included the "unable to do anything but kick computer" issue...
Old June 20th, 2004, 05:44 PM

Sergeant

Molog is on a distinguished road

I was playing broken empire with a lord of the gates and got the random event that "The wailing of the blood fountain has driven your population insane and 10% has died". I didn't have a blood fountain so I though it strange.
Old June 21st, 2004, 08:14 PM

Sergeant

LintMan is on a distinguished road

There seems to be a problem with monthly rituals being "forgotten". Playing SG Ermor, I'm trying to set one or more Spectators (2D) to monthly cast Revive Wight (5D gems).

I hit 'M' to get the list of spells to cast, select "Revive Wight", and the unit then shows "Cast Revive Wight (monthly)" as its task.

The next month, though, the Spectators set for monthly castings are all on Defend, the monthly ritual now forgotten. (My death-gem income is 40+, so there is far more than enough income to cover the cost of the wights).

I did see it work correctly one time, which I belive was the one time I had a bunch of leftover death gems that I hadn't spent. (I usually spend nearly all of them every turn). So my suspicion is that the game is checking the cost of the spell vs my current gem total, prior to adding in the new gem income. So maybe it sees I have 0 death gems, and cancels the monthly ritual without factoring in that I actually have 40 gems for that month. Just a theory.

I suspect this is a bug rather than a feature, since I can immediate re-set the same mage to cast the same spell (monthly or not) for that turn, and there's really no reason for it not to be allowed.