Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old September 23rd, 2005, 11:51 AM

Sergeant

scJazz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: About Patch or Version 2.0

Quote:
M256 said:
EDIT: This is NOT directed to Don or Andy. Their work is done and in the most satisfactory way anyone could expect. The critic is directed at the Shrapnel Games staff.
Exactly!!! This is the reason why middle men suck! Hey Shrapnel remove head from butt and spend the 15minutes putting the patch up for godsake!
Old September 23rd, 2005, 01:06 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road

Quote:
JaM said:
Dude, im afraid WinSPMBT is not SPCammo project...
Actually wouldn't it still be a CAMO product? Don and Andy are essentially CAMO Group, Shrapnel is a Publisher although I know they probably provided some technical support.
Old September 23rd, 2005, 01:49 PM

Sergeant

JaM is on a distinguished road

Im confused. I think that i saw somewhere,that they said that this is not a SPCammo project. At the other side, Yahoo group is still going, and they wanna make their own addons based on dos SPMBT... Try ask Andy and Don how it is...
Old September 23rd, 2005, 03:12 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road

This is from the WinSPMBT part of the Shrapnel Site ---> "The best in Steel Panthers brought to you by The Camo Workshop and Shrapnel Games!"

Lets just call it a group effort.
Old September 23rd, 2005, 03:30 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,462 Times in 2,706 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Yesterday we discovered that one of the fixes we put into the game to correct changes made to scenarios caused unexpected problems with scenarios that had been altered. It wasn't an obvious bug and only affected what seemed to be small number of random scenarios. Andy stayed up late into the night and corrected the problem.

Last night around 5:00pm I put a hold on the patch release while we fixed the problem. I will be forwarding a corrected version of the patch to Shrapnel after we have run some further tests. That is why the patch has been delayed and due to time zone issues and personal work and sleep schedules it was not possible, nor desirable, nor even necessary to give everyone on this list hourly updates. I can understand the desire on some peoples part to get the patch and play the game and for we are grateful for your support.

However, the nasty little childish comments ARE being noted. Some of you really need to grow up.

I said the patch will be released this week and this week isn't over and even if it doesn't become available for a few more days it's not REALLY that important that anyone needs to start flinging insults around at the people who are doing the work and providing the service.

The patch will be ready, when it's ready and when it is you will be informed.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old September 23rd, 2005, 03:47 PM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road

Quote:
scJazz said:
Quote:
M256 said:
EDIT: This is NOT directed to Don or Andy. Their work is done and in the most satisfactory way anyone could expect. The critic is directed at the Shrapnel Games staff.
Exactly!!! This is the reason why middle men suck! Hey Shrapnel remove head from butt and spend the 15minutes putting the patch up for godsake!
scJazz and M256,

Shrapnel has nothing to do with any delay in the time of release of the patch.
I would also like to inform you that Shrapnel is doing an excellent work in supporting WinSPMBT, so please (you and anyone else) think twice before making statements that not only are wrong but they are also insulting hard working people.
I am sure that you gentlemen will reconsider your statements.

regards,
Pyros
Old September 23rd, 2005, 04:36 PM

Corporal

Fabfire is on a distinguished road

You can't blame anyone who was not adequately informed about the situation for not understanding why things are happening the way they are.

Given this fact, I can't see why to reconsider anything.
Old September 23rd, 2005, 05:16 PM

Corporal

markgame is on a distinguished road

People might consider that it would be appropriate just to behave nicely to one another! Sadly, like bad drivers, anonymity breeds boorishness. If we were talking face to face we'd be buying each other beers and commiserating about last minute gotchas in our lives, too.

I too have been waiting and checking for the patch, but if it's not ready tonight, so be it. I'll just check back and see who remains boorish
Old September 23rd, 2005, 05:37 PM

Sergeant

scJazz is on a distinguished road

In 15 years of IT related work (I'm sure this happens in other fields as well I've just never done anything else)I've continuously bumped into the middle man problem. Faster faster get the project done, work 30 hours straight and it is done, wait 3 days for the middleman to actually do something useful with the work I performed so feverishly.

Therefore it is with no surprise that I would lash out at a perceived middleman problem.

What is annoying is that instead of just simply ignoring my misinformed comment because it was misinformed it gets raised to the level of an "issue that will be monitored". It would have been easier to just let it slide because I was mistaken. Instead I'm turned into a paraiah. Gee thanks guys!

Jazz
Old September 23rd, 2005, 06:08 PM

Corporal

Beeg is on a distinguished road

Cool. Entertainment while we wait for the patch