.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 24th, 2010, 12:39 PM

Sergeant

Alpine Joe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Betelgeuse 2 - Game Started! - SA CBM game for Blood Nations

Wrana if you really want to continue I will join with you to fight hinnom, but even together and with all my considerable resources, Hinnom outguns us so badly I think it is pointless. I really don't see any scenario in this game where anyone but Hinnom wins, so I say we just give Pyg a well-deserved win and leave it at that. Deal?
Old April 24th, 2010, 03:10 PM

Major

Wrana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Joe View Post
Wrana if you really want to continue I will join with you to fight hinnom, but even together and with all my considerable resources, Hinnom outguns us so badly I think it is pointless. I really don't see any scenario in this game where anyone but Hinnom wins, so I say we just give Pyg a well-deserved win and leave it at that. Deal?
OK. Actually, I also is somewhat burned out as well as Pyg says he is. It could be more interesting... Well, I know that I have an unfortunate tendency to turtle up.
As for resources - I was more concerned with Hinnom Dominion push (which also killed Lanka). Though his SC-a-turn ability is quite scary by itself.
Well, another question, Alpine Joe - did you have The Chalice?
Old April 24th, 2010, 08:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

Starshine_Monarch is on a distinguished road

Very well then. I shall declare this game over with Hinnom as the winner. Congratulations pyg!
Old April 25th, 2010, 01:39 PM

BANNED USER

pyg is on a distinguished road

In lieu of an AAR I'm going to whine and say that once again this game was won due to luck and good diplomacy not brilliant playing. I had such a great starting position I managed to fence of 27 provinces by turn 12, even conceding one to Sauromatia in order to keep up good relations. I managed to keep a NAP with both my neighbors Lanka and Sauro until I reached a critical research point. I then dissolved my NAP with Sauro about the same time he started a war with his neighbor Bogarus. After enveloping both of them in a fairly painless war the game seemed over to me. Interestingly enough I did no research in Blood except for the last couple of turns when most others schools were complete. Melqarts have a +3 blood sacrifice boost which was their alternate duty when not kicking butt. Anyway, although I love Sharivar (and this time it loved me ) I thing the moral of my story is that playing on balanced maps with fixed starts is more than a good idea.
Old April 25th, 2010, 06:28 PM

Major

Wrana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyg View Post
In lieu of an AAR I'm going to whine and say that once again this game was won due to luck and good diplomacy not brilliant playing. I had such a great starting position I managed to fence of 27 provinces by turn 12, even conceding one to Sauromatia in order to keep up good relations. I managed to keep a NAP with both my neighbors Lanka and Sauro until I reached a critical research point. I then dissolved my NAP with Sauro about the same time he started a war with his neighbor Bogarus. After enveloping both of them in a fairly painless war the game seemed over to me. Interestingly enough I did no research in Blood except for the last couple of turns when most others schools were complete. Melqarts have a +3 blood sacrifice boost which was their alternate duty when not kicking butt. Anyway, although I love Sharivar (and this time it loved me ) I thing the moral of my story is that playing on balanced maps with fixed starts is more than a good idea.
Diplomacy is a great determiner of who wins, yes. And you make a textbook case here. I, for myself, probably waited too long to start moving against Utgard and/or Vanaheim. The latter I could kill off right after I finished Gath, though I preferred not to attack them first. Another thing which almost maddened me was a lack of Air sites - and those I've finally found were both in farmlands! Though those were good - freakish luck!
Thanks for pointing out Melqarts sacrifice bonus - that's another reason to consider Hinnom an LA Ermor of EA! This also makes an argument for higher Dominion for games where Hinnom is present. I, at least, could sacrifice, while Lanka could do nothing.
Old April 26th, 2010, 02:12 PM

Sergeant

Alpine Joe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrana View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Joe View Post
OK. Actually, I also is somewhat burned out as well as Pyg says he is. It could be more interesting... Well, I know that I have an unfortunate tendency to turtle up.
As for resources - I was more concerned with Hinnom Dominion push (which also killed Lanka). Though his SC-a-turn ability is quite scary by itself.
Well, another question, Alpine Joe - did you have The Chalice?

Yes, I had a good portion of the artifacts, including the chalice, scepter, aegis and the big armors. I also had quite the crop of various tartarians, so given time, i would have scooped up the rest of the artifacts as well.