Private

shilka is on a distinguished road
Default Iraqi T-62M Stabiliser Catch

Iraqi T-62M Stabiliser error/bug finding

Soviet T-62 Stabiliser 1
Soviet T-62M Stabiliser 2

Iraqi T-62 Stabiliser 1
Iraqi T-62M Stabiliser 1

I have read about the T-62 MBT and found out that Iraqis used the T-62M version of the tank. That is a improved version of the T-62 and T-62A tank future adds protection, FCS and ATGM capability. The Iraqis didnt use ATGMs what I know when they fielded this tank but still they got FCS = The British Marconi Digital FCS Optional sights and
fire control systems. My humble opinion is that I find the fire control a bit low to be honest with this system in the tank, regardless of what may have been taken into considoration as the first models of T-62A problems with crude gun control equipment (on most models), limited depression of main gun. +1/+2 Fire Control Makes this tank more more believable on the battle field. Another thing is the main gun that is used. The T-62M uses a 115-mm smoothbore main gun which fires a hypervelocity, armor-piercing, fin-stabilized, discarding sabot (HVAPFSDS) round with a muzzle velocity of 1,61 5 meters per second. That is something I dont feel when I use this tank on ranges as 850-1500 meters in the game. It is to little juice in that 1961 gun on the Iraqi 1980 tank IMO, however there are up-to-date guns for the M-series to be found under the Russian OOB Soviet made 115mm U-5T 75 (first introduced 1975). Hope these observations can help the Iraqi OOB makers to make WINSPMBT even better.

You are welcome:
Shilka
Old September 17th, 2005, 04:04 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Iraqi T-62M Stabiliser Catch

OK, I'll look into this.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....