.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old December 9th, 2010, 08:04 AM

First Lieutenant

Finalgenesis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Kinda Noob game Starting

We would like to request a 6 hours extension as I won't be able to access my home computer til later.

In fact, I vote for extending turn to 48 hours, holiday season coming up too.
Old December 9th, 2010, 10:43 AM

Corporal

Ragnars Wolves is on a distinguished road

LOL, I just staled myself because of work and I NEVER stsle. I will put 12 hours on in case you get tied up. If you get your turn in it will host anyway.

What do the rest of you want to do about turn speed. My little empire takes me about 20 minutes to do my turn, but some of you are getting up there.

I was planing on taking a large amount of time on a couple of turns the week before and week after Christmas (can I say that), and if we got turns in it would host again but it would be long enough to not do a turn if you didn't want to.

I would like to get a minimum of 1 turn in the week BEFORE and 1 turn in the week AFTER...how does that sound?

We have had a request for 48 hour turns...please speak up and give your opinion.
Old December 9th, 2010, 05:13 PM

Sergeant

mockingbird is on a distinguished road

48 hour turns sound good to me. I have some business travel coming up, followed by holiday travel, and that would be helpful.
Old December 9th, 2010, 05:29 PM

Corporal

OK...good enough going to 48 hour turns
Old December 9th, 2010, 10:13 PM

Corporal

Hylobius is on a distinguished road

Switching to 48 hours works for me. I'm leaving home for two weeks starting the 14th and will have limited internet access.
Old December 24th, 2010, 12:05 PM

Corporal

I will be extending the game until the 26th...if anyone needs longer PM me as I also will have some company and might not get on the forums.

Merry Christmas All!!
Old January 5th, 2011, 10:47 AM

First Lieutenant

Beware that NAPs hold no meaning to Arco (Groundworm), who have been repeatedly committing acts of aggression against us who so wish for peace while under NAP 5 with us.

1st the overwrite of our enchantment, followed by infiltration of multiple sceptic into our lands and forts to subvert dominion.

We warn all gods who have or intend to enter into NAP or other agreements with these oath breaking scums, agreements mean nothing to them. Beware of any trades and agreements with this pretender, in the current or any future incarnations you may meet him in.
Old January 6th, 2011, 06:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

Groundworm is on a distinguished road

Finalgenesis, I respectfully disagree with the tone of your post. At the very least, none of my actions were meant to breach our NAP. That may, however, be at least partially my fault. I had, up until now, viewed NAPs as military agreements. In my mind, overwriting your Eternal Pyre was a strategic action and was not meant as an overt act of hostility. Your post made me rethink my ideas, as it's called a "non-aggression" pact for a reason.

As far as the sceptics... given that I have national scrying ability as well as Gift of Health up, it only makes sense to me to push my dominion in whatever ways possible. And since sceptics cost only slightly more than scouts and are better at what they do, it seems sensible to use them in place of scouts.

And the forts... forts hardly seem like an aggressive action, being that most people put them up throughout their territory in order to recruit. And especially on border provinces, purely for defense. This point I most strongly refute as evidence of aggression towards you.

I am willing to accept fault for some of my actions, but they were made still in good faith of our NAP. If you would like to summarily terminate our NAP, I will abide by that with no hard feelings. Similarly, if you wish to continue our NAP, I will remove sceptics from your territory and cease directly overwriting your global enchantments with the same enchantment.

In short, I think we have a difference of opinion in what constitutes breach of a NAP; whether you believe me or not is up to you. I'm willing to admit that I may be in error.

Last edited by Groundworm; January 6th, 2011 at 06:46 PM..
Old January 7th, 2011, 12:52 AM

Corporal

I have no dog in this fight so I asked my Dad (GrudgeBringer) who used to almost exclusively play EA Arco about the Skeptics.

His answer did surprise me.

He said that he also used Skeptics as scouts but had to be very aware that the "Usual' rule of thumb was....ANY Mage, Priest, or troop of any kind that can do harm to another nation in any way in the other nations territory could be considered an act of war.

So, I asked a specific Question about skeptics. His reply was that skeptics hurt domain and cause unrest. He would try and get by with one or two as scouts but if caught he would have to make some diplomatic amends and at times was summarily attacked with out warning.

So while it doesn't sound like you meant any harm or knew any one would take it that way. It did sound as you meant to run skeptics knowing they would lower Domain.

I am not suggesting he attack you, but now I guess If I found skeptics (OR a stone idol etc) in my domain, I would probably demand compensation or attack (LOL, or cry).

I didn't know Arco had so many small weapons at its command.
Old January 7th, 2011, 06:33 AM

First Lieutenant

Good enough, kindanoob game and we're all learning as we go along.

And yes Grudgebringer's understanding in NAP is essentially what I get in the past few MP games I played in, basically revolves around the term "Non-aggression", scouting / obtaining info = not aggressive, attacking dom/unrest = aggressive, targetting another players global specifically = aggressive, I think it's pretty self-evident and I hope we have a common understanding on NAP.

I would ask for 50F as compensation for the overwrite on the pyre though, which I would think is more then reasonable.

To peace then (?).