.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old February 9th, 2007, 04:50 PM

First Lieutenant

Loren is on a distinguished road
Default Bug: Can\'t make any more clams

I decided to try LA Ryleh. It's a royal pain with my commanders keeping going insane on me (why are illithids affected??) and all the spawned units that still need to eat. Managing LA Ermor's freespawn is bad enough but at least they don't need to eat.

I was clam spamming for a while. I've got about 30 researchers with clams. I've got an Aboleth (a guy who came knocking) making clams. (Feature request: Repeat make item like there is repeat cast spell!) I can tell him to make another clam but no clam shows up in my inventory. There's plenty of space.

There's also something wrong with the insanity logic. I've got at least a dozen prophets wandering around, most of them those stupid cultists. It appears that an insane unit can get the "Become Prophet" command and have it actually execute.

Also, what's the best way to move immobile units? (That is, if I ever go insane and try LA Ryleh again!) Teleport only moves the caster, Gateway needs a lab in the target and it's rather expensive also.
Old February 9th, 2007, 05:34 PM

First Lieutenant

calmon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug: Can\'t make any more clams

A savefile as attachment would give the devs a chance to look at your bug with the clams.
Old February 9th, 2007, 05:45 PM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road

Make sure that your Aboleth hasnt been feebleminded or something to that effect.

Nothing wrong with the logic. The devs know that you can have multiple prophets via insanity (there are other means too, btw). They made it that way intentionally, it seems.

I dont think I've ever tried to move an immobile unit (not a commander). Gateway is actually pretty cheap for what it does. You could try forging a Flying Carpet or Pocket Ship and see if that has any effect? Dunno if it will.
Old February 9th, 2007, 06:02 PM

Corporal

Etaoin Shrdlu is on a distinguished road

Regarding #3 in the original post: A dozen prophets? Move them (when lucid) to a close-to-the-border province and share the insanity with the other nations!
I am led to believe that only Void thingamajigs are immune to the insanity effects... hm, are aboleths Void-ies or not? If not, there's your answer re #2... he went nuts.
Old February 9th, 2007, 06:03 PM

Corporal

danm is on a distinguished road

Is it possible to "cure" insanity with Gift of Health or the Chalice etc? If so, it could be quite the amusing R'yleh sideline strategy to try and mass prophets... nice and thematic imo.
Old February 9th, 2007, 06:49 PM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road

Insanity appears to be currently quite irreversible, unless they've silently added a cure in the 3.06 patch. Only Void creatures are immune.

The freespawn do add up. Keep 'em moving, and don't worry if they catch a lot of arrows. I once overwhelmed a pretty entrenched AI Jomon (most of my illithids and summons were on other fronts -- was simultaneously conducting large-scale invasions on three different continents) by drowning them in lunatics.
Old February 9th, 2007, 06:57 PM

Corporal

Nightblade is on a distinguished road

A question i always had in mind when playing with all those insane commanders just spawning in my provinces.

I notice from time to time that some of them insanely select the "Call God" command, despite my pretender is well alive.

As i usually play on relative small maps, i never had too many of those insane commanders using that command.

With lot of them claiming the Prophet title in their insanity (and being promoted to that the turn after), what would happen on huge maps if there was enough of those insane commanders to "Call God" to accumulate the needed amount of 40 holy points despite the pretender is always alive ?
Old February 9th, 2007, 08:25 PM

Sergeant

Nick_K is on a distinguished road

Call god points are cumulative - you need 40, but they don't have to come in the same turn.
So, I imagine that if getting 40 call god points while the pretender's alive actually did something then someone would have posted on it by now, thus I assume that it does nothing.
Old February 9th, 2007, 09:05 PM

Sergeant

Potatoman is on a distinguished road

Aboleths and mage starspawn are both immune to insanity.
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:59 AM

Sergeant

Fate is on a distinguished road

One possibility that might have slipped by is if it gives your pretender a sort of one-time immortality. Your pretender dies, but your mad prophets have already re-summoned them.