.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old February 3rd, 2008, 08:54 PM

Captain

Amos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vermin Lord - Hail the Rats (and Sombre)

Thank you.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 09:04 PM

Captain

I cant use them . They both have armor. I'll use 649 instead although he has glamour.
Old February 4th, 2008, 06:08 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

You can replace their armour though. Or give them #armor "nothing"
Old February 4th, 2008, 06:32 AM

Captain

Quote:
Or give them #armor "nothing"
I didnt know that. Learn something new everyday
Old February 7th, 2008, 11:47 PM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

The Skaven are nothing if not industrious. An earthquake struck in the Skaven capitol, destroying the temple. But, not to worry ... the people here have raised a temple in honor of their God! All in the same month.

Thanks for making this mod, Sombre, I'm having loads of fun with it.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old February 24th, 2008, 02:29 PM

BANNED USER

Version 0.9 is up. It isn't really a major update, but it cleans things up nicely and makes use of onebattlespell a bit.

-- removed copystats for the majority of units and stuck in appropriate darkvision values instead

-- removed the stinking fur fix used to get around shields added by now defunct copystatting, freeing up armour slot 321

-- checked IDs against my other MA nations and against CBM complete 1.21, no conflicts

-- Onebattlespells - Snikch (darkness), Thanquol (Twist fate), Seerlord (twist fate), Ikit Claw (Charge Body), Verminlord (divine blessing), Screaming Bell (fanaticism)
Old April 6th, 2008, 09:21 AM

BANNED USER

Pox Cauldron is the main content in the next version, which is coming soon. Also you get a version of gift of flight called Skitterleap.

I might have a go at doing an Arch Plague Lord pretender too for you Pestilens fans, but don't hold me to that.

Attached is beta preview of pox cauldron. Like the screaming bell and doomwheel, it is likely to be a beta graphic for a long time. I just don't like doing the graphics for these big things, it seems.
Attached Images
File Type: png 595189-Pox Cauldron.png (10.4 KB, 81 views)
Old April 12th, 2008, 01:28 PM

Sergeant

Salamander8 is on a distinguished road

I had to download the latest version and finally give them a serious try in an SP game. Skaven are one of my warhammer tabletop favorites so I had to try this puppy out!

All the construct spells are really cool although I haven't been able to get a bell up yet. At first I saw all these nasty artillery troops and was concerned about how powerful they appeared until I started fighting other nations rather than just the indies. I have just started getting my blood economy rolling, so have not tried any of those summons as of yet.

The doomwheels are nasty, if vulnerable due to their low health compared to their size. So they definitely remind me of my tabletop uses of these things. Nicely done.

The warp firethrowers also fit the tabletop version well. Adding the damaged immobile version was a nice touch.

Are the warp lightningthrowers your own invention, or were they added after I stopped playing WFB? Either way they certainly fit the Skaven theme quite well.

I didn't see the Jezzail teams. Not sure if they are no longer part of the official canon or if you had not, or were not going to include them. Either way is fine,just an observation. I did enjoy some luck with them, taking down my friend Dave's dryads at long range with my Jezzail teams will always have a special place for me.

Ah,the poisoned wind globadiers. I have a fond recollection of these guys from a massive good vs evil game of WFB we played back when a bunch of us had a wargame club back in Michigan. I was Skaven and Chaos Dwarves mixed, allied to 2 friends that were the Dark Elves and Orcs & Goblins. We were matched against 3 other friends playing the Empire, Dwarves, and the Wood Elves. At one point I had asked Nelson if he would be ok with me hurling some globes over his cold ones, informing him of the possibility of deviation. He gave me the ok but of course 1 globe had to hit his riders. Gotta love the random Skaven war machines!

The army truly feels like the skaven army as I tend to do more casualties to myself than my enemies do! I tried not using melee troops or setting them on hold and attack, since they get hammered by my own warpfire, warplightning, and the poisoned globes, but then the enemy just slammed into my vulnerable artillery and I'd rather lose my easily replaceable melee than my artillery pieces. Setting them on fire rear(for the doomwheels) and fire archers or cavalry isn't helping a lot and I cringe every time I watch the mass fire land squarely on my my melee blocks and watch my poor little rats fall to our own twisted inventions! This is spot on for the Skaven so again well done!
Old April 12th, 2008, 02:23 PM

BANNED USER

I'm glad you enjoyed the mod! :]

I kept Skaven tactics in mind at all times when making the nation. Hence most armies are plenty of cheap but fairly effective melee troops backed up by extremely powerful but unreliable magical and experimental weapons. The skavenslaves are particularly good for this purpose because they can only lose 1 guy from 3 each time a jet of fire or blast of warplightning falls on them, due to their usage of secondshape. They do suck at fighting, but you can always cast death frenzy on them.

2 units that I chose to leave out of the game were the ratling gun and jezzail teams. I did this because I felt gunpowder weapons don't fit in dom3. They don't work very well under the combat system and there aren't any gunpowder units in the base game. The warplightning throwers are based on the warp lightning cannon weapon from WHFB, but again I don't think big high firepower warmachines fit that well with dom3 (which doesn't feature catapults, mangonels, trebuchets, ballistas etc) so I converted it to be similar to the warpfire thrower.

Doomwheels were simply too fun for me to leave out. I don't know if they're really worth the cost in gems and research and stuff, but they're a lot of fun. If you manage to buff them (body ethereal being the classic) they can be very nasty indeed.
Old April 19th, 2008, 12:41 PM

Private

ronjon is on a distinguished road

I am new to dominions and have no idea how to install the mods. I did look around some but cannot find obvious instructions