The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old March 5th, 2004, 06:49 PM

First Lieutenant

spoon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Will There Be One More Patch?

Quote:
Originally posted by Baron Grazic:
Yes, I've encounted that, but only in the simulator, so it can be worked around (ignored)
You know that, and I know that, but Joe Shmoe who picks up the game and has it crash on him might be inclined to give up in frustration rather than figure out how to work around it. I think it is a big enough issue for MM to take a look at -- if it is a fairly easy fix, then another patch would be good - but purely as a "fix", not as an excuse to add more content... (though it sure would be nice to have the new resource Point Generation stuff displayed somewhere and figured into your totals on the Empire management screen!)
Old March 6th, 2004, 01:07 PM

Private

Desert Fox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Atrocities:
quote:
Originally posted by Atrocities:
I am going to send this suggestion to Aaron for SE V, but I wanted to run it by you guys first.

Have a "One per Empire" Requirement ability so that when modders build a special facility they can set it up as a ONE TIME only facility.

An extra File system for adding such things as Nomadic races, or space monsters that the game can then be set up to use X amount of in a game much like the Neutrals are set up now.

Addressable Tech.
Basically you add one Racial trait, say Neutral Tech to the racial trait file.

This Neutral tech will then use the file Neutral Tech in the Tech Area folder. It will have a special ability that will tie into the General Settings for each race with a specific number that will then give that race access under Neutral Tech to any number of sub techs or components that share that races unique ID number.

For example:
Neutral 1 - has a unique ID of 1
Neutral 2 - has a unique ID of 2

In the Racial trait both races are set up to use the Neutral Race Racial Trait which gives access to the Neutral Race Technology.

Under Neutral Race Technology each races Unique ID number will give that race access to any component, facility, other that also has the Unique ID number.

So Neutral 1 will have access to any Component or facility that shares its unique ID number.

Neutral 2 will have access to any component or facility that shares its unique ID number.

But both share the same racial trait and TechArea tech that separates them out by their Unique ID numbers.
Any one read this?
Big quote there sorry! I am still kind of new to SEIV, these forums, and to modding. This idea seems to be a great one, you must mean for SEV? I mean no more patches will be released for SEIV which is to bad, there are some odd things if you happen to let the AI design a ship they always seem to add something illegal.

I am here because I was told Moo3 would be a great thing. I picked it up, I liked the basic idea, but the game was horrible as everyone knows.

I am a recovering civ addict since 1996! LOL I tried out Galciv, (so-so game IMHO, their website advertised SEIV Gold, a fellow staff member at CDG said yeah, SEIV is a great game check it out. That was 6 months ago, and now I started a website, a Mod Project, and finding the best gaming community I have ever stumbled across. Thanks to all of you.

[ March 06, 2004, 11:10: Message edited by: Desert Fox ]
Old March 6th, 2004, 09:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

Paul1980au is on a distinguished road

It just means that instead of getting new patches/ content etc for SEIV - most of those ideas will probably be incorparated into SE5 but it might mean a wait of up to 2 years for the next installment.