.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 14th, 2009, 09:50 PM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs vs. Vets, LA, CBM, Game Running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingchih View Post
That's because we are good dude!

And the Gorgon would be foolish to move out of Dominion. You'll have to come and get her Pyg.
Ok meet me in Nicia(93) turn 21 at high noon and lets have a good ol' fashioned shoot out.
Ok, the attack came a turn early, but then, just see my sig for explanation. It went quite well, and was quite entertaining. I believe I killed two thirds of your army, and quite a few ended up running to the boats. And, my Gorgon did the right thing and flew when it came down to just her against your terrifying Wyrm.

Wouldn't mind doing it again, but next time I'll bring Black centaurs to take down that Wyrm.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old March 15th, 2009, 12:13 AM

General

Sorry to be long-winded. But I have decided I will not surrender. The last battle convinced me that Pan can hold up to anything you noobs can throw at it. I will continue the game on alone if necessary.

Mysteria is the True God.

Old March 15th, 2009, 12:26 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Of course you won't surrender :P
Old March 15th, 2009, 10:59 AM

BANNED USER

pyg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingchih View Post
Ok, the attack came a turn early, but then, just see my sig for explanation. It went quite well, and was quite entertaining. I believe I killed two thirds of your army, and quite a few ended up running to the boats. And, my Gorgon did the right thing and flew when it came down to just her against your terrifying Wyrm.

Wouldn't mind doing it again, but next time I'll bring Black centaurs to take down that Wyrm.
I expect deviousness. I learned a fair amount esp. regarding screens for archers as your Black Centaurs really put the hurt on my crossbows. Fire fliers apparently doesn't consider the Gorgon a target. Skinshifters do OK against Dryad Hoplites (crossbows are good). I was disappointed to note that no one hit your Gorgon other than the Wyrm.

Mysteria ran away with just 4hp. Cut that kind of close huh? You sure you want to try again? Looks like Nicia is becoming unfriendly dominion as well...
Old March 15th, 2009, 11:06 PM

General

I also noticed that in only two rounds of actual combat with it, my Black Centaurs took your worm down to around 100 hp. That's when the order to retreat came. I'm thinking 10, maybe 15 blackies can take that wyrm down. Well, we'll see.

And yes, I still want to do it again. The game may be lost, but I'm having a blast.

Old March 16th, 2009, 11:24 PM

General

Pan surrenders. I believe all of Team Vet now concede the game.

Good game noobs. You kicked our butts. I would have kept playing, but I was outvoted.

Is it time for Mysteria's Revenge?

Last edited by Lingchih; March 16th, 2009 at 11:32 PM..
Old March 16th, 2009, 11:49 PM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road

Indeed, we do concede. Actually we were ready to concede probably 6 or 7 turns ago. But, we wanted to fight on for honor's sake and to give you all a couple more bruises before we went out. Congratulations to all the noobs, you played well!

I hope that we gave you some good experience and even a couple of surprises. For our part, I think we played pretty well given the staggering size of the odds opposing us. Unfortunately, we were too cocky when choosing our team makeup and map size at the start of the game and in the end that really crippled us. If a rematch of this game does occur I can assure you that that mistake will not happen again
Old March 17th, 2009, 03:10 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road

The vet team has conceeded @ turn 20. Thanks to all for your participation. Join us in our new game:

Noobs vs Vets II: Mysteria's Revenge.

Septimius Severus wrote:

"In a victory for noobs everywhere, the intrepid team of fresh young noobs, roundly and soundly defeated the team of seasoned battle-hardened vets, who though they fought valiantly and contested every inch, were ultimately humbled and brought low."
Old March 17th, 2009, 05:11 AM

General

Default Re: Noobs vs. Vets, LA, CBM, Game Over.

So you're telling me I roused all those old t'ien ch'i mages from their homes to go knock on ermor's door for nothing? It's a darned shame, that. And I was sure he'd have some suitably nasty surprise waiting for me.

I'm going to lock all our threads for the noob forum and make them open to public viewing. Let you all see just how nooblike our team really was I'm going to abstain from the next game, I don't think I'm quite enough of a noob to be proper for this sort of game. I will stay on as admin of the noob forum though and may still end up advising them, but not quite as much as I did this game!
Old March 17th, 2009, 06:28 AM

General

Default Re: Noobs vs. Vets, LA, CBM, Game Over.

Okay, creation of new forum done and all threads moved over. I will also be removing all access privileges (except for septimius) to the discussion forum so that only the new batch of noobs (and myself) will be able to see it. So by the time you see this you should not be able to access our planning forum anymore.