The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old April 14th, 2003, 08:00 AM

Colonel

Taera is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Galatcic Civilizations (GalCiv)

is there a demo yet for the GalCIv? and would you be so nice to link me somewhere to see whats that?
Old April 14th, 2003, 09:15 AM

Captain

raynor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Don't you think you're being a tad misleading. ...But you don't seem to be acknowledging that this problem came because we added the dynamic AI yay/nay status to that dialog Last week based on user requests.
I specifically said that you recently added the trading feature. That was in the same post where I said you are trying to provide daily updates to the game.

Quote:
No one has to use 1.02.42. They could stick with 1.0 (the retail Version) or 1.01 (the bonus pak) where this probem doesn't occur.
I installed the latest Version in order to resolve two other issues. The first was the Draginol event in which an UBER race takes over one of your systems and starts producing more than THREE times all other races in the galaxy combined. This event can occur in an absolutely lowest level beginner game. The second was the bug whereby you are still bound by the policy of the UP after sacrificing all your trading and leaving it.
Because I installed the latest Version to resolve these two problems, I don't think it is fair to tell me that I could have just stuck with the base Version of the game. If you want to make that kind of argument, then the best way is to release the trading feature as a downloadable module that can be installed separately from Versions that include bug fixes. (Sure, I know this is impossible.)
Quote:
Your Posts seem to imply that out of the box that the game is some sort of beta.
Right below the sentence where I mentioned beta-testing, I said this:
"Of course, I'm only saying that because the game has crashed 30 times in the Last hour."
In that same post, I explained the exact conditions that produce the crash. In a later post, I explained that you don't need to use that feature at lower levels of difficulty. I also said that it was my opinion that you needed to use that feature at higher levels of difficulty.
Old April 14th, 2003, 05:11 PM

Brigadier General

Mephisto is on a distinguished road

Hi Brad,
nice to have you on board! I hope you are doing well with GalCiv, there can never be enough good space games!
Old April 14th, 2003, 05:16 PM

Brigadier General

Mephisto is on a distinguished road

Ah, Raynor,
don't take it personal. I think no one likes to hear people criticizing ones work and so you got Brad a bit upset. I can see how frustrating it is when the game crashes ever so often but they are really dedicated to fix all the problems ASAP. Just wait a day or two.
Old April 14th, 2003, 05:20 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Hello Brad and welcome to this forum. I have to admit that I am a big GalCiv fan and speak nothing but good things about the game. It is nice to see you outside of the GalCiv forums.
Old April 14th, 2003, 11:54 PM

Captain

raynor is on a distinguished road

I played two consecutive games of Gal Civ in large galaxies this past weekend. I think I slept before I started the first game and after I finished the second game. I probably posted to the bulletin board somewhere in between. I don't remember. I also remember spending a least six hours with the significant other somewhere in there.

Oh, I remember how I did it now....

I called in sick on Friday.
Old April 15th, 2003, 08:03 AM

Private

SlapBone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by raynor:
I played two consecutive games of Gal Civ in large galaxies this past weekend.
Pretty dedicated to a game that crashes on you every turn.
Old April 15th, 2003, 02:06 PM

Sergeant

MythicalMino is on a distinguished road

you know, i have only had the game crash once on me....and they fixed the situation where it would crash (clicking back into the game set-up screen after looking at the political parties info)...the only issue i have had with the game has been the trade good bug (supposed to be a monopoly, but other empires have been able to build them also)...BUT, i have heard that the devs finally found what the problem was, and fixed it for the next patch (supposed to be due out today)...

wanna check out a great Cards & Dice game? www.gwfwrestling.com/home.htm

I only know one language: Hillbilly

Your mileage may vary, but mine always stays the same