ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old September 4th, 2005, 03:01 PM

Private

gopher is on a distinguished road
Default Cross attaching unit ...

When I attach a unit from platoon C to platoon B then the new unit will get the next higher number (like B4). But when I attache the unit to the platoon D the it will get the number D0 and the commanding unit will be D1. Is there a way to change in a future update to set the commanding unit per default to ?0 and to attach it every time a cross attached unit at the end?

I've find no way to comb out the commanding structure: It seems we're not able to join platoons or companies nor to spit then and create a new one.

It seem there is also a bug with the cross attaching units: I'm able to attach a core unit to a support unit with the effect that it will be commanded by a support unit for the rest of campaign.
Old September 4th, 2005, 03:54 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,468 Times in 2,708 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cross attaching unit ...

We'll look into this

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old September 27th, 2005, 04:15 AM

Private

AdmiralHackbar is on a distinguished road

I've run into the above problems and some other frustrations in a generated campaign as the USA. MY original core was a Ranger company reinforced by an Abrams Platoon and 4 Javelin teams. I quickly realized that I would need to mechanize my rangers, or at least their heavy weapons, if I were going to make full use of them. To this end, I purchased an APC platoon and 3 support APC sections. After much confusion as to why I couldn't load my troops onto the APCs, I discovered that infantry can only load onto vehicles belinging to the same platoon. I looked through the manual trying to find ways to modify platoon assignments and found that it could be done in the deployment menu. However, the command unit for each platoon can not be reassigned, so I was forced to break half of my ranger platoons into 3-6 disorganized platoons of varying sizes in order to mount them in APCs, the other half remaining on foot. I haven't played a battle with the new command structure, but I'm wondering if there will be any morale/rally or command/contact issues as a result of the new (dis)organization of my reinforced company? I know it will cause me some confusion, and I was wondering if there is another way to do this or if there might be in a future patch? My original intent was to keep the ranger company more oe less as is, except with a javelin team and a few APCs attatched to each existing platoon as add-ons, and I was disappointed at how much time and thought I had to put into finding a way to make it work, and that at the expense of a convenient and logical force organization. (I have Ranger 1lts commanding single squads and APC sergeants commanding heavy platoons now. I can probably fix that with another 20 minutes work, but it just seems wrong.)
Anyway, thank for listening and I look forward to 2.0 regardless of whether the above issue is addressed.
Old September 27th, 2005, 04:33 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

1) Infantry can load onto any vehicle, using the normal load procedure. It is the "load all units of the same platoon" that needs them to be members of the same platoon (L->D keys).

2) You cannot remove the platoon HQ due to limitations in the code (otherwise you end up with "phantom" leaders). I may look init this later. In similar circumstances, I attach trucks from larger lumps, and convert th HQ truck to something useful, or use as the base for HQS - say to add the mortars to if those came as a large collection. You could try hacking yourself a 10 truck "platoon" to get 8 or 9 from, leaving 1-2 as a useful little transport section?.

Cheers
Andy
Old September 27th, 2005, 05:37 AM

Private

kesh is on a distinguished road

Easier would be a platoon of trucks/APCs attached to the Rangers company through the company attachment procedure in the HQ menu.
Old September 27th, 2005, 01:25 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
kesh said:
Easier would be a platoon of trucks/APCs attached to the Rangers company through the company attachment procedure in the HQ menu.
Yes - attach sufficient transport units. Though as separate formatons you then cannot use the "load all passengers of a platoon" function (if in a game turn, ensure all passengers are in the same hex as the vehicles, select a unit then press L and then D, in the deployment screen, the pax do not have to be inthe same hexes as the transports).

Cheers
Andy