This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old July 25th, 2005, 10:40 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FAR-GATE and BSG

Don't get me wrong Starhawk, I like the show. I even like the fact that they kinda sorta used my "book of origins" concept. (More proof that no idea is oringal.
Old July 28th, 2005, 05:40 PM

Private

marc420 is on a distinguished road

Back when it started, it took me a couple of years to get into Stargate. But when I started watching it, I got hooked fast.

The original movie, "Stargate" is very much worth watching. Go rent it if you haven't seen it.

As to the new characters, I always loved Farscape, so having Ben Browder and Claudia Black show up just seemed to carry on what they had going on that show. Rather than trying to think of him as "O'Neil-ish", it just seems like Ben Browder is still Ben Browder almost just carrying on his Farscape character. Anyways, the two of them have a good chemistry, and the Daniel Jackson - Claudia Black pair also are funny to watch.

Atlantis is slowly growing on me. It has always seemed a little slower and flatter than SG-1. But they seem to be learning.

BTW, they show so many SG-1 reruns on nights other than Fridays, that it doesn't take all that long to see most of the series. Of course, I've got a DVR programmed to record anything with Stargate in the title, so I tend to have several of those around to watch whenever there's nothing else on.

BattleStar Galactica is absolutely amazing. I'm always absolutely glued to the edge of my seat watching that show. I also record it, but that just lets me FF through the commercials so it comes through as a straight 45 min or whatever kick in the chops to me. No commercials, no breaks in the tension. Just right in your face till its done.

The new BSG is very, very, different from the old Lorne Greene shows. That was cute TV, with Egyptian costumes and a cute mechanical dog, and other tv-land bs. The new BSG is very, very different. Dark, edgy, tension-filled TV. Like I said, I watch it straight through without the commercial breaks. And at the end I just want to sit back finally in my chair and go "whhhheeeeewwww". And I immediately wish I didn't have to wait a week for the next one.

Right now, the new BSG is probably the one and only TV show that I'm really anxious to see a new episode of when it comes out.
Old July 29th, 2005, 12:43 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Well said, well said.
Old July 29th, 2005, 01:48 AM

Sergeant

Colonel is on a distinguished road

The only problem I have BSG is that to me it has no replayablity effect. Stargate and Atlantis to some extent I can watch over and over but BSG I watch it once and its great but I never like it rewatching it, dont know how to explain it.

Old July 29th, 2005, 02:16 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I tend to agree, BSG is best served hot, while SG you can eat hot or cold and often. BSG is like KFC, while SG is like Pizza.
Old July 29th, 2005, 03:22 AM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road

Nah, BSG is more like a nice juicy medium-rare steak. It's great fresh off the barbeque, but try reheating it in the microwave...ick.

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )
Old July 29th, 2005, 09:52 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

narf poit chez BOOM is on a distinguished road

Don't re-heat meat in the microwave!
Sig updated to remove non-working links.
Old July 31st, 2005, 03:14 PM

Corporal

LordAxel is on a distinguished road

I love stargate but a little disappointed in the actor choices, I think it would have been more ideal to only have one of the ex farscape actors thus removing the farscape feeling i get when they interact.
Also not sure if anyone else noticed but i believe the new doctor was Romi on Andromeda.
Old August 1st, 2005, 09:45 AM

Sergeant

Wolfman77 is on a distinguished road

I never watched farscape, so I don't get that feeling when watching. And yes, the new doctor and Romi are the same.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 02:47 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Ohhh - you missed some good sci-fi my friend.