World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old April 20th, 2007, 06:44 PM

Brigadier General

President_Elect_Shang is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Cyber Nation

Quote:
NullAshton said:
What alliance is it? I'll help out if it breaks into war.

Of course, then that would probably mean we would have alliance vs. alliance war. Eh, it'll be fun anyway.
No it wouldn't be funny. That is why I pulled rank and said I would take care of it. Now GuyofDoom doesn't want to work with me.
Old April 20th, 2007, 06:59 PM

Corporal

Beck is on a distinguished road

PE, he's not only attacking your guy, but someone from ONOS too. If they find out, they'll probably fill his war slots. Maybe the whole alliance since there's no clear path for diplomacy to determine if this is an alliance supported attack or not.
Old April 20th, 2007, 07:06 PM

Sergeant

GuyOfDoom is on a distinguished road

I search rankings and I pick targets. I'm not going to bother checking 5000 different little squables because so and so is fighting so and so.

I picked a target, it happened to be a bad one appearantly. Just attack me or whatever it is you have planned. You're catching me on a bad day so I really don't care.
Old April 20th, 2007, 07:08 PM

Brigadier General

President_Elect_Shang is on a distinguished road

Ah great. I have a friend in the ONOS who I can talk to. You guys need to get GuyofDoom under control or officially eject him. I'm only a Lieutenant and I can only stall this for so long before my superiors step in. I need to run but let me know what to do.

CW: I PM'ed you twice now and both times you ignored me? What gives?

Edit: Just read your post below mine. I'm going to take an hour or so and check back before I make a final call on this one. Your a self destructive fool if you think attacking major alliances is a good idea. Do the Wombat Protectorate a favor and leave them. I have friends there that I don't want to see smashed because you are having a "bad day".
Old April 20th, 2007, 08:50 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Will is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Renegade 13 said:
Hah...I followed your advice Will on tech raids, and it worked out beautifully. I attacked someone with roughly 2x my strength, but only had about 20 infrastructure and a few hundred troops. To make up for it, they had something like 120 tech! My tech was only 20ish, so I built up a ton of troops and tanks, and attacked. First attack failed (due to his massive tech advantage). Second succeeded and I captured 5 tech and some cash. Today I attacked twice more and wiped the floor with him both times, stealing an additional 10 tech. This is definitely the cheapest way to acquire tech at this level, as troops and tanks can be replaced a lot more easily than tech can be bought. It also seems like the dude I attacked is inactive, since he hasn't messaged me or built up more troops, etc.
He probably used to be closer to 10x your strength. If he's got 20 infra, that means he took a massive pounding from someone... and probably quit. There are likely to be many of these lying around, since GWIII just ended. Just make sure they've either dropped their alliance or are in a piddly alliance, so we don't get targeted by the kinds of people currently pissed at GuyOfDoom.
Old April 20th, 2007, 09:03 PM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Will said:
He probably used to be closer to 10x your strength. If he's got 20 infra, that means he took a massive pounding from someone... and probably quit. There are likely to be many of these lying around, since GWIII just ended. Just make sure they've either dropped their alliance or are in a piddly alliance, so we don't get targeted by the kinds of people currently pissed at GuyOfDoom.
Most likely that's the situation, yep! Works great for me; and don't worry, I checked to be sure before attacking (always do) and he isn't in any alliance whatsoever.

By the way, what is GWIII? Great War Three? Don't follow their forums at all, so haven't heard the terminology before.

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )
Old April 20th, 2007, 09:13 PM

Corporal

Yes it stands for Great War 3. It only takes a second to check if your target is in an alliance. I'd watch even the piddly alliances, you don't know what ties they may have with larger alliances. Even if they don't have any ties, alliances such as FAN have been coming to the defense of alliances under attack by raiders. There is quite a backlash right now for those raiding against any nation in an alliance. I'd steer clear of any nations showing an alliance, it could stir up a lot of trouble.
Old April 20th, 2007, 09:57 PM

Sergeant

*sigh* If you never target anyone who's in an alliance you're going to run out of targets very quickly.

I'm more annoyed that they somehow feel I've commited a great injustice by attacking a perfectly legitimate target.
Old April 20th, 2007, 10:09 PM

Corporal

Do as you wish, I'm just stating what the current climate is.
Old April 20th, 2007, 10:19 PM

Sergeant

The site isn't even setup to find out who's at war with who without making 500 clicks with 4 seperate webpages. How anyone keeps alliances straight in that game is quite frankly amazing.

This "GW3" is a mystery to me.