Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old January 31st, 2007, 01:31 AM

Sergeant

Listy is on a distinguished road
Default UK Questions.

Right I finally got my grubby mits on the new version of MBT, and had a flick through OOB7, the UK.

And I found some bits that I Thought I'd throw open for discussion. These are not Errors as such, just something that might need a chin wag about and possibly change.

First off, and the one I was expecting to be changed, is Weapon 166 the MBT law. Now this thing is a almost guided weapon. Which IS top attack. However it's also Like other LAWs. The Game currently models it as a Top attack ATGM. Which to a degree it is. yet this radicaly alters the way a UK infantry squad uses it. Instead of being able to close with a tank in built up areas and take it out, you have to sit there fore a turn so the game allows you the ATGM shot. this is fine on the defence, but it does make attacking with UK INF armed with this slightly useless.

I was expecting the weapon to be changed to Weapon class 21, a multi-charge HEAT. the Multi-charge would sort of represent the top attack ability, and yet allow the infantry to act normally.

Unit 296, Warrior II (EA) ha fairly good Anti-HEAT armour all round. A Friend of mine who came back off Telic not so long ago mentioned that If an RPG hit a warrior on the hull sides or front it would bounce off. however if it hit the rear hull (Due to not having Chobham EA on that location) it would go straight through. I'm not sure how the Slat armour will help as it only covers a very small area of the rear hull.

There's a couple of other bits to go with that one, however all are "Future programs" or top secret, so it's all totally speculative, based on start of project information and requirements.

UNIT 275, FRES Wheeled. all the stuff I read said that FRES was to be tracked, not wheeled, and the FRES wheeled side of things would be done by the FMRAV.

Unit 555, FV432 Mk3 Mortar carrier. I'm not entirely sure that they will produce this variant, while it is doable, and may well make sense the Bulldog at the moment has a lot of gubbins over the troop hatch and stuff. THe Bulldog also has ERA on it, and while the Side armour does look odd, and unlike the chobham panels off the warrior it doesn't Look Like ERA.

Thanks for reading a possibly dull and long winded post.
Old January 31st, 2007, 04:12 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: UK Questions.

the MBT-LAW is not really doable in the game engine other than as a top-attack ATGM. Making it a multi-charge RPG would mean no attack of the thinner top armour as it overflys it, most of the time.

Andy