.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Old July 18th, 2009, 02:40 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Taiwan vs China - Who Turn Out The Lights?

Turn 19

North Sector: Commandos closing in on objectives near north-south road. Scouts have redeployed to hold objective on hill 500m of road. No real activity in this sector. There is an enemy squad lurking in the woods, but it can stay there.

Center Sector: I've started wrapping my two line platoons around the enemy pocket while the reserves move around the flanks. This has caused the center sector to lose contact with the north and south sectors. It's not a major concern as the reserves will reestablish contact when they get into position. Caught two enemy APCs during the move. Three enemy tanks were heading toward the battle line, but I lost sight of them. Artillery continues to hit the pocket, but ammo is getting scarce.

South Sector: Pushing forward. Enemy AT and SAM units are showing up. These guys have some sort of II equipment, so my infantry is popping smoke to block their view. Enemy forces are extremely disorganized. Once I get through the specialized units, resistance in the sector should collapse. My scout unit is still popping away at the enemy mortar, inflicting a few casualties.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 10 casualties.

Enemy: Two Type 63G APC destroyed, estimated 30 casualties.

Last edited by RERomine; July 18th, 2009 at 02:49 PM..
Old July 18th, 2009, 03:10 PM

Captain

Turn 20

North Sector: Sector is basically quiet. There is one enemy squad in the woods and I'm not going to risk getting it. Commandos are still moving forward.

Center Sector: Enemy resistance has basically collapsed. I finished off at least 10 routed units and an APC in the pocket. One APC that had been running regained some self respect and attacked. It ended up immobilized. One of the three enemy tanks spotted again and seems to be headed for the pocket. I'm going to lift my artillery so my infantry can clean up. The enemy has some 60mm mortar rounds coming in, but that's nothing to worry about.

South Sector: I've pushed the enemy forces into something of a pocket here. It makes artillery much more affective. Fresh enemy units are moving in, but aren't helping the situation. They just add to the panic when the artillery hits. I'm trying to move around the flanks here, but unlike the center sector, I've only got one company and the reserve platoon took a beating from rockets early in the battle. My lone scout patrol was able to destroy the enemy mortar. I'm going to see if I can pick up a flag and then circle back to nibble on the enemy rear. There is a Javelin team heading north toward the road intersection to try to nail some ATGM vehicles.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: One Type 63G APC and one 82mm Mortar section destroyed, estimated 30 casualties.
Old July 18th, 2009, 04:04 PM

Captain

Turn 21

North Sector: I got a commando sniper next to two enemy control flags, but I'm not going to turn them. The enemy has enough live stuff to complicate life for my sniper. He's going to push forward to see if he can make it to the back edge flag. It might work as long as he doesn't stop to play with anyone. I'll wait for the rest of the commando team to take those two flags. They aren't far away.

Center Sector: I lost sight of the enemy tank again. There is a motley collection of enemy equipment moving forward in the sector. Aside from the tank, I see two trucks, one gunship, two APCs and a couple of ATGMs. There is nothing I can't handle, but they might make it impossible to get to the far objective in this sector.

South Sector: Two enemy tanks turned up in this sector. Somewhere, there is an enemy 60mm mortar dropping rounds on my troops. I wasn't worried about it last turn, but it's a bit more accurate this turn. My forces are still pushing the enemy back. They got up to two enemy ATGM vehicles, destroying one and immobilizing the other. I was wrong when I said this was just one company. In the heat of battle, one platoon from the center sector pealed off and joined in this fight. There is one distant objective that still needs captured. My scout is going for that, but it has to cross the road. I'm worried the road will be clogged with battered enemy units that have recovered enough to be just "pinned".

Casualties

Enemy: One ZDF-89 HJ-8 destroyed, estimated 15 casualties.

Last edited by RERomine; July 18th, 2009 at 04:11 PM..
Old July 18th, 2009, 04:34 PM

Captain

Turn 22

North Sector: A commando scout bypassed the two flags and zapped an enemy tank crew while the sniper continued to push to the back flag. The rest of the commandos are moving toward the flags. A Javelin team reached into the center sector and destroyed one APC.

Center Sector: The lost tank was found in a low spot, while one more showed up. It pounded on one of my infantry squads. The rest of my infantry was beating up on the enemy's disorganized infantry. I dropped some artillery in the tank and some enemy infantry. The enemy gunship is moving in, but has no night vision capability at all. My stingers should be firing at it before they can even be seen.

South Sector: One of the two enemy tanks was destroyed. The other ran into an ambush, but survived for the moment. Along the road, the enemy abandoned their ATGM vehicle. I caught the crew nearby and destroyed them and torched the vehicle. An enemy ATGM jeep was in the middle of the routed enemy and was also destroyed. A Javelin team on the north-south road reached into the center sector and also destroyed an APC.

Casualties

Enemy: One ZDF-89 HJ-8, one Type 69-II tank and two Type 86-I IFV destroyed, estimated 25 casualties.
Old July 18th, 2009, 04:50 PM

Captain

Turn 23

North Sector: Commando scout is maneuvering against two enemy ATGM vehicles. They have no anti-infantry capability. One Javelin team out of missiles, so another one is moving up. The enemy squad popped out of the woods again and was blasted by two scouts and the Javelin team without missiles. Remaining forces moving to objectives.

Center Sector: I got one of the two tanks here, but the one in the low spot is hard to get at. It can see my infantry before they can see it. I'm going to try to get one of my AT teams to get eyes on the target. Two enemy APCs showed up and dropped their loads. For the most part, enemy resistance is completely disorganized.

South Sector: Destroyed last enemy tank in the sector and enemy resistance has totally collapse. My forces are moving east as fast as possible.

Casualties

Enemy: Two Type 69-II tank destroyed, estimated 25 casualties.
Old July 18th, 2009, 05:10 PM

Captain

Turn 24

North Sector: My commando scout doesn't have anything but small arms left, so it can't deal with the ATGM vehicles any better than they can deal with him. I guess he has to wait for help.

Center Sector: An AT team moved into position and zapped the enemy tank. My infantry is moving around trying to put an end to enemy resistance. The enemy is still fighting, but it is very disorganized. Their force is almost encircled. The gunship closed to within 50m of several squads and was last seen flying east, full of bullet holes. I dropped a few artillery rounds, planting one on the top of an APC.

South Sector: It's pretty much open field running here. Rush up to two ATGM vehicles, destroying one and immobilizing the other. Also got another ATGM jeep. While there are still enemy units around, there is zero resistance.

Casualties

Enemy: One Type 69-II tank, Type 86-I IFV, one ZDF-89 HJ-8 and one HJ-8 jeep destroyed, estimated 25 casualties.
Old July 18th, 2009, 05:24 PM

Captain

Turn 25

North Sector: Lead commando squad showed up and turned two flags. Moving on to enemy ATGM tracks.

Center Sector: My forces are swarming around the remaining enemy units in the sector. There are a few battered squads and one APC.

South Sector: The last enemy ATGM vehicle was destroyed. Units are heading up north-south road to join in the center sector fight. My battered reserve platoon will guard the road intersection. I've held up my scout down the road to pick off any running enemy units that approach.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero.

Enemy: One ZDF-89 HJ-8 destroyed, estimated 20 casualties.
Old July 18th, 2009, 05:34 PM

Captain

Turn 26

North Sector: Closing in on enemy ATGM tracks from north, south and west. I could have hit them with artillery, but they might run and can run faster than I can chase.

Center Sector: Last enemy APC destroyed. Now mopping up remaining enemy forces. There is one enemy squad moving west. My guess is it is a survivor from an APC destroyed earlier. If I'm right, there might be one more.

South Sector: Mopping up leftovers and moving north on the road.

Casualties

Enemy: One Type 86-I IFV destroyed, estimated 20 casualties.
Old July 18th, 2009, 05:45 PM

Captain

Turn 27

North Sector: Holding off on attack on ATGM units until all forces in place.

Center Sector: Cleaning up enemy and moving east unresisted.

South Sector: Engaging two enemy squads in woods along north-south road. There is a whole battered company heading north, so those two squads won't last.

Casualties

Enemy: Estimated 10 casualties.
Old July 18th, 2009, 05:51 PM

Captain

Turn 28

North Sector: Started attack on enemy ATGM tracks. No effect yet.

Center Sector: Pushing off to last objective in sector. It may be too far away.

South Sector: Found a third squad, but have units swarming all over the place. Two destroyed.

Casualties

Enemy: Estimated 20 casualties.