.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old April 21st, 2006, 10:04 AM

Corporal

MacGalin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DUTCH TERROR! Mini campaign

Good work. I just finished airport mission.
Winning was quite easy, the tricky part was keeping troops alive . Too bad you decided to arm the troops with FAL-s - if more of them had mp-5s, player would be forced to work harder to win this one. With FALs my troops were able to decimate the terrorists far too easily .
Anyway, it was very good mission to play.
Old April 21st, 2006, 03:02 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road

Well, I was caught between which weapon to issue. The MP5's seemed to make it too hard and the FAL's a lot easier.

Hopefully more will post some feedback and depending on that I will redo the campaign so that their is an easier(FAL) one and harder (MP5) one.
Old April 22nd, 2006, 01:58 AM

Corporal

Pepper is on a distinguished road

if you go back to mp5s, i would suggest giving a sniper to each platoon, maybe a 2 man heavy sniper team even.
Old June 14th, 2006, 06:25 AM

Private

macktheknifeau is on a distinguished road

this is a great infantry mini-campaign, I enjoy very much these "small scale" style of infantry maps, like the contra raid and whatnot, and this is another good one.

I did the air assault, and after a few missteps, I got into the groove of the first mission, got in the planes.

There i had a few problems. It seemed no matter where I told the planes to drop, 2 of them always dropped right ontop of the train station, which basically wiped out half the team.

Instead of that I just put them on the northern area (I assumed they just jumped a bit off and marched to the target), near where the police are.

Getting into the town was steady, but hard in parts.

I liked the mines on the train tracks, seemed like an extra touch of realisim.

Ended up with a complete victory, losing maybe 10 or so of my people.

The best unit was unquestionably the Heavy Sniper, he just saved my guys time after time, when I thought we would get blocked, boom boom boom down goes half a insurgent squad and we kept moving.

Good stuff

now doing the road version.
Old June 14th, 2006, 09:11 AM

Major

Glad to hear you liked it.

I am planning to revise it using some of the newer AI Waypoint techniques and some other things I' ve learned the last couple of months. Also plan to redo Silver Lions and Drug War but will probably start with Dutch Terror since it is smaller and will take less time.
Old June 14th, 2006, 10:23 AM

Private

macktheknifeau is on a distinguished road

I played the "Roadblock" part, and did not exactly do well. I went over the river on rafts, but got 4 or 5 trucks immobilised, with 2 units unable to get out, I made it across, and ended up "bogged" down fighting about 6 Al Queda groups, and a few RPG teams (I hate them so much), ended up in a defensive position, I eventually won the firefight, I was going to get the VP hex in the last turn, with the HQ unit and it's armoured transport, instead of going behind a house, it went on the "road" side, and got destroyed by another RPG team, which quickly finished off the HQ and that was the end of that.

Reload, got a few more of the trucks over, and used them (this is the first time i've had to use the old school "expendable truck" tactic in a looong time) to soak up OP fire and then move my commandos into the adjacent hex and take them out.

Heavy Sniper was in one of them, made a big difference, in ONE round, he took out the entire enemy HQ, and still had enough shots to take out 2 of 1 squad (in one "shot") and then 1 from another, forcing both to retreat.

The Al-Queda squads are tough to take on, and if you send one commando squad, chances are the 3 Ak's will tear the squad apart and hurt it.
Old June 29th, 2006, 09:49 PM

Private

Paladin42 is on a distinguished road

Double Duece:

Very cool campaign--thanks for taking the time. I too really like the small unit games that force you to use tactics. I too had problems with the air drop deployment. The a/c would only deploy right to left. I seemed to be able to change the entry and exit directions but it never 'took'. I also seemed to be able to change the drop initial points but the troopers always seemed to drop randomly centered around the train station and always getting chopped up by the enemy below. Do you think that this scenario is suffering from the air drop bug (reported elsewhere in this forum) that Don has now fixed for the patch due out in July? I agree that the heavy sniper (and smoke) was a big key to success. The MMG barely supressed folks and never dropped anyone for me. Thanks /Paladin/
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:25 AM

Major

Once WinSPWW2 is patched and finished I understand they'll apply many of the same adjustments to WinSPMBT. As soon as the final verison of it is out I plan to refurbish Silver Lions, Drug War and the Dutch Terror campaigns. Maybe by them my Marine Campaign will be done too.