.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old August 16th, 2007, 03:03 PM

First Lieutenant

jutetrea is on a distinguished road
Default I\'ve lost that loving feeling - need subs

I've suddenly lost the urge to play dominions. Unfortunately I've got 4 games running right now that at least 2 of which need subs. These would be replacement subs and not temporary subs.

If I don't hear from anyone in the next day or so I'll pass these off to the moderators and do what I can to continue the turns in the meantime.

I've just had my first kid, work is crazy and I find myself doing my turns half-arsed right at the deadlines. I've even staled a few times and haven't been that sad.

I have 4 games going, that could all use subs.

Newbies
Moderator: Ich
MA Pangaea
Turn 64
Not dead yet, but in a slump. Made some bad scale choices, but did well initially. Research is meh, army size is good but bad quality, a few SCs and a pretty tough SC god. Being heavily attacked but holding them off for now.

Mid_unlucky
Moderator: Gandalf
EA Tien Chi
Turn 84
Game is pretty much over, definitely into the late game. Might be fun to play with a pretty stacked nation. Turns are taking a long time, lots going on. Might be ended via consensus.

Epic Heroes
Moderator: Xietor
MA Mictlan
Turn 46
Doing very well, good army size, great bless, great hero, good land size. Poor scales are just now starting to be a problem. Should be a really fun game

Perpetuality
Moderator: Velusion
LA Tien Chi
Turn 55
Doing very well (top 5-10 in most graphs), recently took a downturn due to apathy. Possibly still recoverable if diplomatic. Recently started a war which is going so-so, possibly about to be attacked by another. Still have great resources and lots of potential, not worth shutting the lights off just yet. Diplomacy would be the key here, I just haven't been able to be bothered.

Old August 16th, 2007, 04:53 PM

Major

Morkilus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I\'ve lost that loving feeling - need subs

I hope you recover from your burnout sometime! We'll be here for you.

Dom4life, yo
Old August 16th, 2007, 04:59 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Remember people....
Subbing is a great way to get a taste for multiplayer games. If you lose then you have a ready excuse. "It wasnt a nation I usually play and it wasnt a god/scales that I chose" so no one can give you a hard time. (not that it happens much anyway but Im just saying that you have a safety answer if it does happen).
And if you DO win then you get to crow extra loud.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old August 16th, 2007, 06:02 PM

First Lieutenant

jutetrea is on a distinguished road

I think Epic Heroes will be the most fun, it takes a blah nation and gives it an extra bit of punch. It will be interesting to see how they morph from early/mid game to mid/late game. I've got GoH and Mother up, so slight advantage there. The western nations are making their moves though, and the water nations are essentially just waiting to attack. If it was me, I wouldn't want to attack me either

Perpetuality is really a tossup, will still be fun and depending on the diplomacy could be very fun.

Mid_unlucky I'll try to shut down, and newbies won't hurt from going AI.