.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old November 6th, 2003, 11:25 PM

Corporal

Calanor is on a distinguished road
Default Desert Eye without wraparound

I've made a modified Version of the Desert Eye, where I've removed the wraparound. Affected provinces were of course edited, so that no "wrapping" connections between provinces remain.

I guess it's quite possible that someone's already done all this, in which case I've certainly wasted some time Anyway, just figured that there might be some players out there who, like me, prefer to play on non-wrapping maps. You can find the map on my page *points at the link below*
Old November 6th, 2003, 11:41 PM

Sergeant

Keir Maxwell is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Desert Eye without wraparound

Quote:
Originally posted by Calanor:
I've made a modified Version of the Desert Eye, where I've removed the wraparound. Affected provinces were of course edited, so that no "wrapping" connections between provinces remain.
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.

I do not like the wrap around effect. Perhaps its ineracting in a bad way with my head cold but it just seems to keep going forever in all directions and yet is always the same, but somehow not the same . . . aaargh!

Now we just need a mod to Alex Poger's scenario so there is a non-wrap around Version and I'll stop seeing double, or is the quadruple. Bleergh.

Don't worry, be happy . . .

Keir

ps. Alex looks like discomfort with wraparound may well be the answer to your question to me re response to your scenario. Which is good as it would seem easy enough to provide both options.
Old November 7th, 2003, 12:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

apoger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Desert Eye without wraparound

>ps. Alex looks like discomfort with wraparound may well be the answer to your question to me re response to your scenario. Which is good as it would seem easy enough to provide both options.

Not easy at all.
A no-wrap Version would undoubtedly cut some nations into pieces, forcing me to redistribute everything. Furthermore the game balance would be much different since many national neighbors would turn into safe borders. A no-wrap Version would be considerable work. If I get up the gumption, I'll make a whole new scenario rather than redesign one that isn't broken.