.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old August 16th, 2007, 10:24 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SP Challenge

If you have a favorite god that you play alot, and want to play against him, you can also get item and unit numbers while in-game. When you are in the view of the unit or item, hit Shift-I and you will get the game-info screen.

And if you are like me and would rather view all the monsters instead of looking at a spreadsheet, there is an All_Units game around someplace that puts them all into the game and "names" them with their ID number. That way you can scroll thru the commanders view and click on ones you want to look at some more. Very handy if you want to find a unit to fit a specific idea like a "King Arthur" or something.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old August 16th, 2007, 03:13 PM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Gandalf Parker said:there is an All_Units game around someplace that puts them all into the game and "names" them with their ID number.
Anyone know where this is? Link would be good.
Old August 16th, 2007, 04:49 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Hmmmm I actually couldnt find it. So I whipped off another one. Its a real pain to pin down the last unit number you can display without crashing the game by trial-and-error.

Anyway, here is one.
http://www.dom3minions.com/docs/AllUnits.zip

Start a game, choose the AllUnits map, Early Age, and be sure to play Arcos.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old August 16th, 2007, 06:20 PM

Major General

Quote:
Gandalf Parker said:
Hmmmm I actually couldnt find it. So I whipped off another one. Its a real pain to pin down the last unit number you can display without crashing the game by trial-and-error.

Anyway, here is one.
http://www.dom3minions.com/docs/AllUnits.zip

Start a game, choose the AllUnits map, Early Age, and be sure to play Arcos.
Cheers for this Gandalf, should prove interesting.
Old August 16th, 2007, 06:52 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Yes the third province, where I tweaked it and tweaked it to find the last displayable unit number, is very interesting. You get to see units that arent in the game yet but should probably appear in the next patch.

Of course, that patch is likely to add yet more units for us to find that wont be in the game yet at that point
Old August 16th, 2007, 07:15 PM

Major General

Yep, those Nemedians, Milesians look interesting but the Fomorians really catch the eye, a new race of giants.

I like the fact it allows you to see what a unit is like with Gift of Reason as well. Now how do I get Ettins? 3 weapon slots + 2 head slots makes a good thug...

Also I notice there is a divine mummy unit, which seems to indicate this is what you get when you cast ritual of rebirth on your dead god from the hall of heros. Is this correct? If I did this, could I then call god as well, meaning I would have a mummy god and my normal god? Oh please say its possible...
Old August 16th, 2007, 09:33 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Meglobob said:
I like the fact it allows you to see what a unit is like with Gift of Reason as well. Now how do I get Ettins? 3 weapon slots + 2 head slots makes a good thug...

Those are fun. The game doesnt seem to set units as commander, troop, god, summons. They all are inter-changeable. My total chaos maps had fun with that. I would run thru each province on the map and assign a commander of the unit <random number from 0 to 1809> and then assign a small random number of bodyguards of <random number from 0 to 1809> and then a larger random number of troops of <random number from 0 to 1809>. You could run into a province where a slinger commander had 5 monoliths as bodyguards and 10 horrors as troops. A bit too random but it was alot of fun for a wierd game once in awhile.