.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old August 11th, 2004, 10:51 PM

First Lieutenant

Stormbinder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So how \'bout those Mets?

Quote:
Quote:
On Norfleets cheating:
Between Norfleets early defensive bs, the factual numbers, and Norfleets hasty exit, the case seems pretty clear at this point.
My exit hasn't been THAT hasty. I'm still around to offload of all of my prior responsibilities before I depart prior to Monday, as I am leaving the country on business I had been planning for some time, but had been putting off. Now I don't have a reason for it, so I booked the ticket yesterday. As for "Defensive Early BS", yes, I admit it, I lied. The actual truth was not something that can be believed in the climate, circumstances, and resultant brouhaha, so like I said, I won't waste my time looking like I'm trying to come up with an excuse, which would not have convinced enough people anyway. I've shared it with only a small handful of people I considered to be friends, and requested that they not share this for their own sake, so as not to come off as an apologist and damage their own reputations further. I won't ask anyone to take sides. I'll just take my lumps and leave, as I was really looking for a way out for at least a month now, as Zen can testify to. Ultimately, I'm as fed up by this as you all are, and as people have graciously offered to take the now onerous and distasteful chores off my hands, I can wash them of this entire affair. Good bye, and good riddance.

If you cut though norf's vague bs, it sounds to me that Norfeet is hinting, that he has shared the secret of his cheats with few of his "trusted friends", and ask them not to tell it to anybody else. Perhaps he thinks that this would make a nice parting gift from him to the Dom2 community, as a payback for exposing his cheats and forcing him to quit.

I have no idea if it is turth or not, and obviously Norf can very well be lieing about it just as he lied about other things. He might as well keep his cheats to himself and use them under another alies of his in his future Dom2 games, that he will keep playing. Or he might just lie about his "parting gift" to his friends, to make us all suspicios toward each other, and poison atmosphere in Dom2 community some more. *Shrug* It is impossible to determine.

Be it as it may, the scenario that he is describing was always a possibility, of course. More reasons to find and quickly fix whatever loophole he was using to hack Dom2 files. Personally I trust Illwinter and I believe they will find and close whatever security hole he had been using.

Regards,
Stormbinder
Old August 11th, 2004, 11:42 PM

Corporal

Demosthenes is on a distinguished road

Quote:

... it sounds to me that Norfeet is hinting, that he has shared the secret of his cheats with few of his "trusted friends", and ask them not to tell it to anybody else. Perhaps he thinks that this would make a nice parting gift from him to the Dom2 community, as a payback for exposing his cheats and forcing him to quit.

Put... the ball... down!

You were the Last person who should have responded to that.

Know when to quit man.
Old August 11th, 2004, 11:51 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Quote:

... it sounds to me that Norfeet is hinting, that he has shared the secret of his cheats with few of his "trusted friends", and ask them not to tell it to anybody else. Perhaps he thinks that this would make a nice parting gift from him to the Dom2 community, as a payback for exposing his cheats and forcing him to quit.

Put... the ball... down!

You were the Last person who should have responded to that.

Know when to quit man.
What are you talking about Demosthenes? If you believe that norfleet have cheated and I think you have said it yourself in your earlier Posts (and which is now confirmed by developers), than how else can you possibly read his post? I suggest you reread his post again and think about it for a minute.

And if it is so, than why should I not be allowed to point that out and need to wait for somebody else to say it??? Sorry, but that doesn't make much sense.
Old August 12th, 2004, 12:03 AM

Corporal

Demosthenes is on a distinguished road

Look man evyryone knows he cheated. It's not debateable. He admits it. You succeeded.

He's not expressing ill will toward the community. There's no conspiracy.

Let it go.
Old August 12th, 2004, 12:06 AM

First Lieutenant

Zapmeister is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Let it go.
Try as I might, I just couldn't let that go.
"Goodbye and good riddance" is ill will in any language.
Old August 12th, 2004, 12:24 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Reverend Zombie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:

Let it go.
Try as I might, I just couldn't let that go.
"Goodbye and good riddance" is ill will in any language.
Aww come on. It could be crankiness, exasperation or any number of things instead.
When that they find nothing but waste...

Old August 12th, 2004, 12:27 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Look man evyryone knows he cheated. It's not debateable. He admits it. You succeeded.

So you are saying his post about his "trusted friends" was pure bull****? As I said myself, it is always a possibility. It may be even likely. But it is also quite possible than it was not. How can you possibly be so sure?

Besides his post did not sound as if he has "no ill will toward community", as you put it. On the opposite, parts like "I'll just take my lumps and leave", "Good bye, and good riddance" and others sound as if he is bitter. As I suggested, please reread his post and think about it before continuing to argue.

Neither you, me, or anybody else have any way of knowing if it is true or not. It may very well be pure bullsit on his part. But I don't think that we should hide our heads in the sand, and hope for the best.

And please, stop saying "let it go" for god's sake. I already did. At this point I could not care less about Norfleet, he is busted and gone. My only concern is the security of the game, as I made clear in this post and in my other Posts. So naturally when Norf reappers and tell us that he have shared his "secret" with few of his "trusted friends", and tells them not to tell it to anybody else, while saying "Good riddance" to Dom2 community, it does not sound very comfortable, don't you agree?

Old August 12th, 2004, 12:58 AM

First Lieutenant

The_Tauren13 is on a distinguished road

actually, all he said was that he only told his side of the story to a few people. and now, thanks to your jumping all over that little post of his, he certainly isnt going to tell the rest of us his most likely interesting but truthless story.
Old August 12th, 2004, 01:02 AM

First Lieutenant

Zapmeister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
actually, all he said was that he only told his side of the story to a few people. and now, thanks to your jumping all over that little post of his, he certainly isnt going to tell the rest of us his most likely interesting but truthless story.
I think that was certain all along. The only point of implying the existence of an explanation was to effectively protest his innocence. No need to actually create a story and share it with anybody.
Old August 12th, 2004, 01:22 AM

Major General

Norfleet is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Yeah, yeah, because I do *SO* value your support. Who the heck are you? I don't know you! Alas, the story is far less interesting, and whether it is truthless or not, I'm not going to throw to you jackals to pick at. And jumping or not, I rather expected somebody would want to jump on anything I write. Of course, you're not my friend. You're not demonstrating you ARE my friend.

Quote:
"Good bye, and good riddance" and others sound as if he is bitter. As I suggested, please reread his post and think about it before continuing to argue.
Storm, I have *ALWAYS* been bitter. You, of all people, should know that. I have been actively bitter for longer than you have been alive. At this point, I am sufficiently bitter as to be considered inedible.

Quote:
Aww come on. It could be crankiness, exasperation or any number of things instead.
Hammer, nail, head. This is precisely the kind of thing I'm not going to miss. Good riddance indeed. If I wanted to express more ill-will, I'd have thought of more colorful way to curse you, like "May the offspring of a thousand fleas infest your camels.". Actually, that's a pretty good idea, now that I think of it. What do you think, Zombie, should I wish for some more ill-will on people?