.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old October 11th, 2004, 08:36 AM

Corporal

incognito is on a distinguished road
Default Faery Queens & Underwater Artillery

Two very separate questions:

First, I have finally managed to summon a faery queen for the heal ability in a SP game I am playing. I wanted to complement that faery queen with tartarians, leveraging the healing ability to remove their afflictions, before I GoR them. To maximize chances of healing, should I do this in a province with fewer units or does it matter? Would having the chalice improve my chances of healing the tartarians? Anyone know the math of two heal effects? I am also curious how these compare with Arco's natural heal ability.

Second question, in the same game one of my underwater castles is under seige by a mound of Ermorian undead. I wanted to experiment with a long range damage spell, but did not know any that would work underwater.. Although less relevant for this particular game, are any of these spells anonymous? It seems that the lack of long range army-killing spells that work underwater is a big advantage to Ry'leh & Atlantis.
Old October 11th, 2004, 09:34 AM

Major

Nagot Gick Fel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Faery Queens & Underwater Artillery

Quote:
incognito said:
I wanted to complement that faery queen with tartarians, leveraging the healing ability to remove their afflictions,
The 'heal troops' command has no effect on undead and lifeless creatures. Only the Chalice and Gift of Health work for them.

Quote:
To maximize chances of healing, should I do this in a province with fewer units or does it matter?
It doesn't matter.

Quote:
Anyone know the math of two heal effects? I am also curious how these compare with Arco's natural heal ability.
Faery Queen's 5-10% (68 suceesses out of 1000 tries), Arco Priestess 25-30% (263/1000).

Quote:
Second question, in the same game one of my underwater castles is under seige by a mound of Ermorian undead. I wanted to experiment with a long range damage spell, but did not know any that would work underwater.. Although less relevant for this particular game, are any of these spells anonymous?
All rituals are anonymous, as long as their purpose isn't to summon troops that fight under your control in enemy province. Rituals like Manifestation or Ghost Riders are anonymous, because the summoned Ashen Angel or Wraith Lord don't actually fight under your command.

Quote:
It seems that the lack of long range army-killing spells that work underwater is a big advantage to Ry'leh & Atlantis.
It's also a disadvantage for them when their underwater empires are invaded.