.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old November 29th, 2008, 01:15 PM

Captain

Amos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Reign of the Vampiri

Quote:
The vampires are described as immortal but they are not. I waited to hit Pangea until I had a candle in the target province because it was going to be a tough battle (*LOTS* of troops had accumulated while my assassins kept killing their leaders.) I lost 1/4 of my army in the strike and nobody showed up in my capital.
You are right. I'll have to fix that.

Quote:
The master vampire you get from Blood Trap either shouldn't be able to research or should require a specific "Summon allies" command. As it stands he researches and the vampires pile up. I just completed my research and have over 1200 points/turn.
Will higher cost fix this?
Old November 29th, 2008, 03:20 PM

First Lieutenant

Loren is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Reign of the Vampiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Quote:
The vampires are described as immortal but they are not. I waited to hit Pangea until I had a candle in the target province because it was going to be a tough battle (*LOTS* of troops had accumulated while my assassins kept killing their leaders.) I lost 1/4 of my army in the strike and nobody showed up in my capital.
You are right. I'll have to fix that.

Quote:
The master vampire you get from Blood Trap either shouldn't be able to research or should require a specific "Summon allies" command. As it stands he researches and the vampires pile up. I just completed my research and have over 1200 points/turn.
Will higher cost fix this?
Could be.

It's now winter of the 11th year, somehow I'm at peace with everyone. The three nations that started near me are now dead and I'm catching up with C'tis--the only real opposition left.

Research is 4300 points per turn--I have them all on research so they don't show up in the army screen while I'm trying to collect the vampires.

Also, did you do something to the vampire lord? I have recruited some, given them skull staffs and am having them recruit more--the intention is to use them as blood hunters. (I've found a 60% off site, makes them a *GOOD* deal!) The problem is that they won't stay on monthly casting. The new vampire lord shows up but the orders are cancelled.