.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old October 7th, 2003, 08:38 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: hosting without the gui

Quote:
Originally posted by Psitticine:
Gandalf Parker:

My editing partner (the Bionic Giraffe) is a web designer. I'll point her to this thread and see if she thinks she has time and so forth to help out.
Im really hoping that one of the addicted players is a dedicated webmaster who just lacks a place to host their big idea/project.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old October 7th, 2003, 08:46 PM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Gandalf Parker:
quote:
Originally posted by Psitticine:
Gandalf Parker:

My editing partner (the Bionic Giraffe) is a web designer. I'll point her to this thread and see if she thinks she has time and so forth to help out.
Im really hoping that one of the addicted players is a dedicated webmaster who just lacks a place to host their big idea/project.
Well, Wractale, the creator of Dominions X is a "webmaster"*(can 15-years old teen be a webmaster?), and he has already made his "grand project" true.

However, he doesn't have direct connection, and in general, i'm the one who has too much spare time, but my #%&?!@# tar-pump computer can hardly run any HTML editors without crashing. Luckily i'm getting new computer pretty soon, so you can except more regular updates.
(* I sure hope i understand the meaning of this term correctly now, if not, forget the existence of my post)

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old October 7th, 2003, 08:55 PM

BANNED USER

Mortifer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Pocus:
UFO aftermath
I bought this game...all I have to say that the old X-Com was LOT better.

As for webmasters...I can make awesome sites. I made some in the past, mainly for clans.
I could make a lot better website than DominionsX in a very short time just for example......No offense of course.
Anyways I plan to make a mod site for Doms II, when the mod tools will be out, so you will see a decent website than.
[Depends how much time will I spend to make it...if I will have enough time you will be amazed.]

[ October 07, 2003, 19:59: Message edited by: Mortifer ]
Old October 7th, 2003, 11:13 PM

Corporal

MStavros is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Mortifer:
quote:
UFO aftermath

As for webmasters...I can make awesome sites. I made some in the past, mainly for clans.
I could make a lot better website than DominionsX in a very short time just for example......No offense of course.
Anyways I plan to make a mod site for Doms II, when the mod tools will be out, so you will see a decent website than.
[Depends how much time will I spend to make it...if I will have enough time you will be amazed.]

I agree. This new UFO game sucks.
I am very happy that you plan to make a site for mods.
Old October 9th, 2003, 01:45 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

The offers to create web pages are great but not really what I was hoping for. Its probably something to much in the area of ISPs for general knowledge. Web designers I can find Heck I can make web pages although Im sure there are many here who are expert with some of the page making softwares.

If I locate webmaster who is looking for a host, and also an addicted Dom player, then they may be interested in some of these offers for someone to create some initial pages.

[ October 08, 2003, 13:11: Message edited by: Gandalf Parker ]
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old October 9th, 2003, 01:53 AM

Lieutenant General

Daynarr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by MStavros:
quote:
Originally posted by Mortifer:
quote:
UFO aftermath

I agree. This new UFO game sucks.
I am very happy that you plan to make a site for mods.

Anywhere I can find GOOD review of the game? I am an old fan of X-Com series and was seriously considering to buy that game.