.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old October 8th, 2003, 01:20 AM

Major

Nagot Gick Fel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dead pretender poll

Quote:
Originally posted by Pocus:
ok, I fired XL.

Your percentages pertaining to examples where the lower astral nation initiate a duel are exacts, but I dont think many people will have the guts to engage witch hunters in a counter battery of duel against Arco (WH cost nearly the same btw)
If it works vs magic duel (never tested it), I think Phoenix Pyre could give your WH enough lives to make this irrelevant. If it doesn't, I can imagine a few scenarii where this counter-battery fire would be the best thing to do - eg, when sitting in a province which the enemy can only reach with gateway. With shamen (who costs roughly half a mystic when you factor in their halved upkeep) I wouldn't hesitate.

Quote:
I prefer to point out that a single mystic, unenhanced has 69% of killing 2 WH in a row, and 57% to kill three.
Costly enough to warrant that the defender earn the tie IMO.
Costly enough because you're only considering the worst case: cheapest astral-3 initiating duel vs most expensive astral-1. Now do the same math with an Arch Theurg vs 4 or 5 Star Childs (assuming these fire first), and do a mean before giving figures.