.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old October 16th, 2023, 06:01 AM

Corporal

Beeg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Omaha Beach - Scen #9

Okay, I'm trying to upload 3 screenshots. I made a test scenario with 6 large airport buildings and hit them with 17cm arty. On the first 2 tries 2 buildings vanished right away. After that it took me multiple tries. It doesn't always happen... .like you said in the previous thread, it may only happen 20% of the time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	test 1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	16932   Click image for larger version

Name:	test 2.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	16933   Click image for larger version

Name:	test 3.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	16934  
Old October 16th, 2023, 10:19 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

OK you have screen shots and I can try to replicate what you did using the screen shots as a guide but that is not nearly as useful as an actual save game and a zipped save game is easy to post, all that is needed is the CMT and DAT file from the saved slot zipped up and posted and then everyone can test it

I just bounced the rubble in my test again...... that is three times 20 batteries of 7.2 inch arty has hit them and the are still there

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old October 16th, 2023, 10:53 AM

Corporal

I just had a thought... perhaps it's just the 'special' large buildings (airfield, factory, government, misc.)? I don't find the 'regular' large buildings disappearing either when I run the tests.

I made a simple test of 6 airfield buildings and 17cm arty and the buildings vanished about half the time when hit in the top left hex.
Old October 16th, 2023, 10:58 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK here are the building you had in your screenshots which are factory buildings not airport buildings...... they just ended up on the Japanese side of this test map which was cleared to base terrain as your screenshots show

This is them targeted by, again, 20 batteries of 7.2in Arty

This is the results of the first bombardment and all of these screenshots were taken immediatly after the bombardment. The map position was not changed

then the second stonk

Then targeted for the third go

Then after that

I watched each barrage very carefully. At no time did a building disapear

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old October 16th, 2023, 11:28 AM

Corporal

I don't know what to say. I've (hopefully) attached the test scenario I created, which still has the buildings disappearing when I run it. Sometimes it doesn't happen on the first try and I normally start the scenario over to try again, instead of continuing the barrage.
Attached Files
File Type: zip spWW2scn0927.zip (42.3 KB, 27 views)
Old October 16th, 2023, 11:36 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK "EXCITING NEWS" ( maybe.......)

Don Lazov set up a test sceanrio in MBT that in his case showed two buildings disapear and in the one I ran on my machine one building did the first time through but not the second but in the third run through 5 disapeared but in the fourth run though 3 did

"good news" no edge junk was produced but now we have an (almost) consistantly repeatable test scenario or at least one that will show the problem at least once.

WHY this did not happen in the tests I build..... IDK but I watched each of them carfully and nothing went anywhere

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old October 16th, 2023, 11:38 AM

Private

dTerm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeg View Post
I don't know what to say. I've (hopefully) attached the test scenario I created, which still has the buildings disappearing when I run it. Sometimes it doesn't happen on the first try and I normally start the scenario over to try again, instead of continuing the barrage.
Beeg, I was able to reproduce, what you have been describing. Do I understand correctly, that the buildings in your case reappear AFTER reloading the savegame?
That has been the case in my test run.

I attached a zipfile with both a screenshot, as well as the savegame file, I saved immediately after taking the screenshot.
Attached Files
File Type: zip VanishBldg.zip (409.9 KB, 21 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to dTerm For This Useful Post:
Old October 16th, 2023, 11:41 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
I don't know what to say.
Me either........ when I build a test game/scenario they never disapear.....when other people build one, they do

Old October 16th, 2023, 11:48 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dTerm View Post
Quote:
Beeg, I was able to reproduce, what you have been describing. Do I understand correctly, that the buildings in your case reappear AFTER reloading the savegame?

I attached a zipfile with both a screenshot, as well as the savegame file, I saved immediately after taking the screenshot.

I will have a look at this as well......... as to reappearing after the save game is loaded. I just saved Lazovs test that showed me buildings that had disapeared then reloaded it and the building that had been missing no longer were

But , again, in all these tests I have personally built and ran none lost any buildings ......why that is is yet another mystery but it would appear the only way to debug this will be with a freshly run example as reloading a save seems to reset them but AS USUAL more testing is needed

The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old October 16th, 2023, 11:59 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dTerm View Post
Quote:

I ran your save but I had to move it to a differnet sceanio slot but it is set up nearly identical to the one I built but after the barrage one building was gone

but look at my example that had 3 bombardments made and NOTHING CHANGES

I saved it and reloaded it and