.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old October 10th, 2003, 09:15 PM

Major

Nagot Gick Fel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noob questions!

Quote:
Originally posted by Taqwus:
A dusk elder, 'though, does cost 20 gems... might be a bit much to risk depending on how early it was and how much death gem income one had. Other summoners could work too. And in multiplayer, what if you run into, say, a C'tis Shaman casting Curse? Curse Lasts forever, even through resurrection by priest-recall or immortality.
Curse doesn't bother me much in that case. Most of the time, Curse will have little or no consequence until the DE happens to be in close contact with the enemy, and then he's probably lost already. OTOH a quickened DE can be deadly - what about a death-4 DE casting Cloud of Death twice a turn endlessly?
Old October 11th, 2003, 04:36 AM

Major General

Psitticine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noob questions!

Quote:
Originally posted by st.patrik:
quote:
Originally posted by Psitticine:
Of course, they've been very busy doing things for the first patch, such as adding the much-requested support for units that flee combat due to orders rather than rout to remain with their armies if the battle is won.
Did I read that right - that they only stay with their armies if the battle is won? What about harass 'fire & flee' tactics, where you have no intention of winning, but you want to maintain squad integrity? Is this not being implemented?

I mean, don't get me wrong, what you posted is great - I'm very satisfied. Go Illwinter.

Hmm, I'm not actually sure on that, actually. That may be a part of the initial tweak, but if it isn't, it may still get added.

Edit: Oh, and it should be noted that this will come as part of a post-release patch. It was too late to get it into the gold Version and have it thoroughly tested without delaying the game.

[ October 11, 2003, 03:40: Message edited by: Psitticine ]