Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Income and population mechanics - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 6th, 2012, 01:11 AM

Sergeant

Torgon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Income and population mechanics

Then don't build the third fortress until turn 20 or whenever to avoid looking like a target. It doesn't change the fact the more gold early = more fortresses and labs earlier and more mages earlier. Start over taxing on turn 15 after you've had a chance to crank out a forester instead of immediately. Adjust accordingly.

Are you really saying that you never, ever, ever end a turn with 50 gold left over after mage recruitment, troop recruitment, infrastructure development, with a fortress that hasn't produced a mage? I find that statement somewhat ridiculous. At some point in the first 20 turns you're going to have a chance to recruit a forester, and prior to that use the one you start with. I may not be the most min-max player ever, but I hardly think I'm coming out of nowhere with this.

I already pointed to one strategy guide written by a very good player (much better than myself) that's not to far off exactly this. Yes your using a summons rather than a recruit-able, but you're still using a mage turn + gems to get them.

Last edited by Torgon; February 6th, 2012 at 01:19 AM..