.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old January 9th, 2006, 11:34 AM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default WinSPMBT Campaign Design Contest Winning Entry

AFRICAN ABATTOIR

Designer: Artur Szekely-Takacs (aka artur)
WinSPMBT Campaign slot #025.

This was the winning entry and for his efforts the designer has been awarded a free game of his choice from the Shrapnel Games online store. Thanks to Shrapnel for volunteering to provide this prize.

You can read more about the campaign as well as download it from the SZO Steel Panthers Zone Website.
Old January 18th, 2006, 09:41 AM

Corporal

MacGalin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSPMBT Campaign Design Contest Winning Entry

I finished playing recently (took me two days). It was good fun, despite some minor issues. Heavy equipment paradrops in last battle had tendency to land in top of buildings wich made them easy targets... and they had the potential to be biggest threat to player's forces .
Old January 19th, 2006, 03:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

Artur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
MacGalin said:
I finished playing recently (took me two days). It was good fun, despite some minor issues. Heavy equipment paradrops in last battle had tendency to land in top of buildings wich made them easy targets... and they had the potential to be biggest threat to player's forces .
Hi!

This sounds quite interesting. I playtested all the scenarios for quite a number of times yet it happened only once that a light armor crashed in the building. That time it was right in the tower IIRC.

You have been lucky or simply kicked @ss too fast .
How did you do in the second battle in the capital?

Artur.
Old January 20th, 2006, 10:04 AM

Corporal

MacGalin is on a distinguished road

Cant give you exact score (im in work now), but it was minor victory. I havent managed to destroy WMD lab and Dictator's shelter before the mission ended, but i captured all critical locations. (tv station was almost unguarded).

Heaviest fighting was taking place at police station - two of my squads surrendered after taking heavy fire , and three others retreated. I was assaulting from both sides at once - through the hedgegrows around army hq, and from direction of parlament, through street, under smokescreen from my mortars. After these failures, i decided to skip subtleties, and driven T-55 into the northern wall . Tank was immobilised, but it took only two shots from main gun to rout the defenders .

I lost one AMX, one armored car, and three halftrack during the mission. Not to mention about half of the rebel forces assaulting from the south.

About last mission - both vehicle drops were straight in line of the terminals . Only one frenchman managed to land on the clear ground... straight between one of my AMX and two Carl Gustavs ... and in line of sight of one of my milan jeeps ... he was tough bastard - survived hits from one carl gustav and milan, before second CG managed to silence him.
Old January 20th, 2006, 11:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

Artur is on a distinguished road

It looks like you had your fun .

Artur.