.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old January 20th, 2010, 07:28 PM

Private

Soldiercrush is on a distinguished road
Default Strategies Organized Chaos Scenario

Ok ben looking for a game like this for months--I am glad I found it--bought the game immediately.

Ok I am going through tutorial and have moved onto the Organized Chaos scenario--I got hammered I need some help on how to deal with using infantry, smoke, and just about everything

WHen do I pop smoke with infantry? HOw long does the smoke last? SHould I move inot the hex with the smoke?

How do I engage defenders who are in fortifications if I can hardly move close to them?

Any pointers woudl be nice
Old January 21st, 2010, 09:42 AM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Strategies Organized Chaos Scenario

Hello. Seize every scenario to test strategies and understand the use of the units. I would say to try variations. With that scenario I tried many ways and the most direct attack was the one who was better. Before trying to approach was tested by the northern route, but I blocked a sniper, then tried it with smoke and a frontal attack, but that was the best he went to bring the infantry up the trees, the scouts use to detect enemy positions and them with machinegun fire and mortars. Sending a platoon from the south and the rest of the front, because if you do not come in time. When the infantry has already crossed the plain sure you put the enemy positions en route or pinned. Only use smoke if there is any drive that I shoot, but the smoke can interfere with vision and machine guns., So the shots repond. When you get into the trenches sure have withdrawn a couple of enemy units. If they have not made the scouts give him the coup de grace. In this scenario the infantry what it does is take the flags, most of what you can do the machine guns and mortars. Try to eliminate first the enemy machine gun.
Remember to try everything. This scenario is relatively easy.
Old January 21st, 2010, 12:02 PM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Strategies Organized Chaos Scenario

Playing thru it, found 2 ways to "win"(you might not always win)
Advance Slowly, Use your scouts to find the enemy, once you have them on sight, get your FO to plot a mortar strike at enemy positions, once they are supressed by mortar fire, hose them down with your machineguns at long range(greater than 600m), keep your units in cover such as woods, close in with your infantry, hex by hex, but don't get close to ready or pinned units, as the polish infantry is a hard hitter at close range, put them in retreat ot worse before aproaching, then go guns hot!

2.Smoke them with your mortars and aproach, as you aproach z fire(check the game guide if you don't knwo what it mean), and bomb them with your mortars,when you are 3-4 hexes from the trenches stop the arty but keep z-firing, when the smoke melts away give 'em that you got, fire machineguns first, ALWAYS.

IMPORTANT, Fire your mortars smoke 1(or 2) hex before the trench

hope to have helped

Last edited by iCaMpWiThAWP; January 21st, 2010 at 12:16 PM..