.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:05 AM

Captain

Jarkko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Chronicles_MA - General Game Discussion

Atlantis here. To be honest, the game is not that interesting for me I'll keep on playing and doing my best, but there is actually very little I feel I could do with just WEA magic available (and since a few turns back Death too), very hard pressed by hostile dominions spreading under the waves, and there is only so little I can RP to the wiki (Turn 33: This turn we did raise some taxes and built a temple. Turn 34: This turn we did raise some taxes and built a temple. Turn 35: This turn we did raise some taxes and built a temple...). Ok, I have (I think) recruited and summoned a nice army (compared to what I had when I joined the game) for such a small nation that Atlantis is atm, but I am so far behind in research (I think) that the end-game doesn't look promising.

So, I'll continue if the majority decides to continue, but I wouldn't actually cry a river if the game ended...
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:07 AM

First Lieutenant

calmon is on a distinguished road

Everyone sees that most of us lost interests in writing. Your discussion several turns ago where you stated that you stop writing may worsen the problem (at least it did for me). And you're right by sure my words at the start was by far more ambitious than i end with. I know it!

However whats the sence of starting a discussion for ending the game? There are still players which have some fun and for me its my only running game in dominions. If you don't want to continue the easiest way is to find a sub.

I can take over the game admin if you want.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:27 AM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

I with Calmon, I think I have a solid position, would be better if I had some neighbors turn AI or my enemies wouldn't fight till the last man standing but hey, I'm used to s**t happening only to me.
Being a mod nation, and a damn interesting one I'm still up for this game.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:05 PM

Major

Wrana is on a distinguished road

I have to second Jarkko's opinion right now. I have a relatively solid position so it wouldn't do justice to the nation if I quit. At the same time , much of the interest was lost for me when KO'd dropped out. I had plenty of plans for intrigues at TC court... Plus other stales. I just don't know whether it's still worth it.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 03:20 PM

Major General

So it looks like only Calmon and me want to continue this game?
Old April 23rd, 2009, 03:56 PM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road

This is probably one of the best positions I am in and R'lyeh is definitely a contender. I just can't see a win even feeling rewarding given the all the drop-outs.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:07 PM

Major General

Yes the drop-outs do give a considerable advantage to some players, and while I do have a good position I won't be the one trying to force anyone to continue the game. If EVERYONE wants to quit this then I say we do, if you wanna keep playing, even better, what ever you guys decide.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:13 PM

Captain

cleveland is on a distinguished road

And now, the syllogistic method of reasoning.

A) This game's purpose was to inspire creation of original entertaining/engrossing stories.

B) Victory - in any game - is fulfillment of the game's purpose.

Given (A) and (B), clearly:

C) Calmon & Executor must write for our amusement.

-------------

I propose a Final Judgement wherein the Lesser Races decide who the True Pantokrator will really Be based primarily on who paid the most attention to his Creative Writing Teacher.

-------------

3 turns...2 pretenders...each submitting 1 final, glorious AAR. The rest of us vote on who has the silveriest of tongues. Any disagreements?
Old April 24th, 2009, 11:45 AM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmon View Post
Everyone sees that most of us lost interests in writing. Your discussion several turns ago where you stated that you stop writing may worsen the problem (at least it did for me). And you're right by sure my words at the start was by far more ambitious than i end with. I know it!

However whats the sence of starting a discussion for ending the game? There are still players which have some fun and for me its my only running game in dominions. If you don't want to continue the easiest way is to find a sub.

I can take over the game admin if you want.
I worsened the problem?! - come on, get real calmon - thats 3rd grade psychology. you clearly weren't writing anything before i said anything...

even though this wasn't my game concept, I stepped in and tried to keep it alive. i looked for every sub: hoburg, atlantis, marignon...not a single player posted a message to try and get one themselves. ko just stopped playing, and the players here didn't want to get him a sub the time i mentioned it until he got to the point he staled so many times it was hopeless. (although he clearly has diplomatic immunity from any wrath given his overall contributions to the world )

what i find annoying is chronicles devolved into a game where some people like yourself were playing it as a hardcore competitive game, while others were happily writing of their exploits, disclosing intel, and other were just abandoning it, etc. not a great mix for a fun game.

anyway, i've pm'ed you the password. you can be admin and figure out what to do. if you can keep the game going (and fun), i'll keep playing. good luck.
Old April 26th, 2009, 07:00 AM

Major

Wrana is on a distinguished road

KO had diplomatic immunity from me because I'd linked my initial story to his one (my Pretender had historical claim to the Tien Chi throne when he was alive). A pity it wasn't to be. And sorry if I actually stopped Tien Chi from actively participating when KO dropped out... Still, when it occured first, he found a sub - so I hoped that he will find someone again.
And I think that cleveland drove straight to the heart of matter. I even may try to write something myself...