.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old October 5th, 2006, 05:19 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Agrajag is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug thread

Quote:
Nerfix said:
Perhaps it has something to do with Death scale?
I didn't take any death, and looking of the gamesave now shows no deathscale in any of my provinces.
And even if I did have a Death scale, is it really strong enough to make you age at ~x25 the normal rate?
Old October 5th, 2006, 06:54 PM

Sergeant

RamsHead is on a distinguished road

Three times in my last game I tried to get my pretender to bring a large army to the enemy capital by the way of Faery Trod. Both the origin and destination provinces were forests and the capital was already under siege by me. All three times only my pretender arrived at the capital, and my army remained at the origin province. In the manual it says that if they do get lost they should appear close to the destination, but the origin was far from the destination.
Old October 5th, 2006, 09:29 PM

Lieutenant General

Cainehill is on a distinguished road

Equipping magic weapons on commanders with 4 arms is very buggy : for example, the Destroyer of Worlds has 4 hand slots, starts with 4 weapons (2 melee, 2 ranged). Equipping a Thorn Spear costs _all_ 4 slots, while adding an Enchanted Shield gives back the Plague Bow and Lightning ranged attacks.

Same thing happens if a Serpent Kryss or Enchanted Sword is equipped. And, if two magical weapons are equipped, _plus_ a shield, the pretender now has 2 melee attacks, 2 ranged, _and_ a shield. In fact, a Black Steel Tower Shield can be added, for 2 (forged) magical melee weapons, 2 magic shields, and 2 missile weapons equipped. Take away the 2 weapons, he doesn't get the original equipped items back, instead gets a useless kick. And of course, equipping the shields _before_ the weapons takes away the missile weapons.
Old October 5th, 2006, 09:53 PM

Lieutenant General

Bugged Random Nations in demo : playing the demo, I just started a game with about 5 random nations, myself playing Arcoscephale.

Looking at the Hall of Fame, apparently there are at least 2 other Arco nations in the game. Worse, not only can I see the stats on their entries into the HoF, but I can see the units : one Prince of Death, and a Wyrm, with the exact same name as my own Wyrm pretender.

To put icing on the cake, the other two pretenders have heroic abilities. Mind, they might not be pretenders - they display as "Femur of Arcoscephale" and "Togrul Beg of Arcoscephale" rather than as "Togrul Beg, God of XyZ". In which case it seems pretty buggy that they're showing up as normal unit commanders for a duplicate nation.
Old October 5th, 2006, 10:21 PM

Sergeant

Tichy is on a distinguished road

Shoreline province on the Orania map allowed me to recruit Triton Lords and Tritons. I tried it to see what happens, and on the next turn it says he drowned!

It was an independent province before I captured it, and it wasn't populated with Tritons, but Kuddus.

By the way, how do I make the neat-o bug icon?
Old October 5th, 2006, 10:25 PM

Lieutenant General

Default Re: Bug Thread

The 'H' keyboard shortcut for healing doesn't work. Selecting an Arco Priestess and typing 'H' doesn't do anything, despite it being listed in keyboard shortcuts and on her individual command.

Edit: Actually, keyboard seems to get rather buggy in all. The Escape key stopped bringing up the Settings / game menu by Late Spring of Year 4, although it still closed other screens and menus. Quitting (by killing the process) and restarting returned Escape key behavior to normal, although 'H' still doesn't work to heal.
Old October 5th, 2006, 11:23 PM

First Lieutenant

Tyrant is on a distinguished road

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] Helhirding listed twice on Helheim recruit screen
Old October 6th, 2006, 12:03 AM

Sergeant

Wick is on a distinguished road

Dwarven Smith listed twice on EA Vanheim recruitment screen.

The mercenary groups Farstrikers, The Master Assassin, and Elephant Corps don't have commanders. (I know Terminius is sneaky but Hannibal isn't!) The mercenary commanders Gote and Madam Fortuna don't have group names. I haven't seen these in the game, I was just snooping in the .exe.
Old October 6th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Major General

Foodstamp is on a distinguished road

In the description for Arcoscephale, 4th sentence the word "have" is spelled "hve". (Demo version)
Old October 6th, 2006, 12:20 AM

Lieutenant General

Quote:
I wrote:

Bugged Random Nations in demo : playing the demo, I just started a game with about 5 random nations, myself playing Arcoscephale.

Looking at the Hall of Fame, apparently there are at least 2 other Arco nations in the game. Worse, not only can I see the stats on their entries into the HoF, but I can see the units : one Prince of Death, and a Wyrm, with the exact same name as my own Wyrm pretender.

To put icing on the cake, the other two pretenders have heroic abilities. Mind, they might not be pretenders - they display as "Femur of Arcoscephale" and "Togrul Beg of Arcoscephale" rather than as "Togrul Beg, God of XyZ". In which case it seems pretty buggy that they're showing up as normal unit commanders for a duplicate nation.
Happened again, but this time I have score graphs on, and used a non-default name for my pretender. There isn't a second Arcosephale nation, but once again, there's a Moloch and another Wyrm (named Wyrm, just like my pretender) in the HoF when I started with 2 random nations in the demo, and a non-imprisoned pretender.