.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 26th, 2011, 05:35 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Troubling Times: Large EA CBM Game (13/24 nations remaining)

The only good beast bat is a dead beast bat!
Old February 28th, 2011, 02:37 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Default Re: Troubling Times: Large EA CBM Game (13/24 nations remaining)

Damn, talk about going out with a bang. (At least as much as possible when you're facing dominion kill) That was a very (not) nice final turn. I'm really happy I managed to force that dominion kill, taking you on head-on might have proved painful.

Thanks (again) for subbing in (again) Executor.

Players dropping like flies now. 12 players left, and Ermor won't last much longer. (No offense Baalz. I have the faint suspicion your bag of tricks is mostly empty. )
Old March 3rd, 2011, 03:13 PM

Sergeant

PriestyMan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Troubling Times: Large EA CBM Game (12/24 nations remaining)

well.... i am really really embarressed now. and am reminded why it is that you must test everything three times not just once. sigh. sorry for being pathetic that turn. thats probably the most expensive f*ckup i've ever had....... i am so ashamed of myself
Old March 3rd, 2011, 07:51 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestyMan View Post
well.... i am really really embarressed now. and am reminded why it is that you must test everything three times not just once. sigh. sorry for being pathetic that turn. thats probably the most expensive f*ckup i've ever had....... i am so ashamed of myself
What did you do? A first glance at my turn didn't reveal any screwups on your part. Or was it something invisible to others, like teleporting air-breathers into the sea or the like?
Old March 4th, 2011, 01:07 AM

Sergeant

Numahr is on a distinguished road

Reminds me of when I removed his Amulet of the Fish from my semi rainbow-Kraken pretender while he was on land... I felt so stupid and ashamed! At least there was no witness of this disaster; all soldiers guarding him that day were swiftly and discreetly beheaded.
Old March 4th, 2011, 07:19 PM

Sergeant

Well i am less ashamed, and more just confused now.

Ok, here's the story of what happened:

I wanted to know if it was possible to take the water breathing item off of units the turn you move them onto land out of the sea. So, like any intelligent person, i tested it. i took a dragon, had him kill uw indies with a ring of breathing on, threw it away, and sent him back. He survived. awesome, lets do it then. I get the next turn........ four fully kitted ember lords drowned. WTF!?!? i say. this of course led to me raging on irc about it, and Calahan decided to do some testing, because he was really confused because he had done testing for the preponderace game, and had gotten the results that my ember lords should have drowned, but the dragon definitely should have too. so we took another look. All of our tests showed that my ember lords should have survived. We also check in case it was a mod thing, but both with the cbm mod and the vanilla game, the units of many types came out of the sea alive. I sent Calahan the current turn, and the previous one, and both he and me couldnt figure out why they drowned. Cal even tested llamaserver to see if they handled it differently. same thing, the people survived. Cal is very certain that this was not the case in previous patches, since he did test it for prepo. basically, we have no idea why it happened. I have concluded that Dominions just didnt like me that turn... :P

Anyways, as you might imagine, this has really tanked my enthusiasm for this game, not to mention hurting a lot. anyways, thats the story.

the only theory Calahan came up with was this:
Calahan> The only other longshot I can think of is that I'm certain you needed items before (as I tested at one point during Prep). So maybe the patch changed something, as it changed the turn res sequence to deal with indy attacks during sieges, and TT has been effected as the game was created using 3.24 (but like I say, this is probably a long long shot, but all I can think of right now)
[16:04] *hasn't been effected
Old March 6th, 2011, 12:34 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Damn, that's a mindboggler. I will admit I wouldn't have known/remembered how a situation like that would pan out myself, but the least one might expect is that testing it would return reliable info. Perhaps something for the bug thread? Have you tried starting a game under the previous version, (probably requiring a new install I suppose) then patching it and testing behaviour to see if it's consistent with this game? (ie, drowning.) Not sure if I would want to go through the trouble myself in your situation mind.

I've added 36h as per your request.
Old March 10th, 2011, 11:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

Verjigorm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Troubling Times: Large EA CBM Game (11/24 nations remaining)

Ulm is doomed. There are only a few individuals left. Our divine lord, Pozceracz has fallen as has our capitol of Western Sembia.

If anyone is mounting serious resistance, you may have our trove of artifacts and gems. Send a message.
Old March 11th, 2011, 02:57 PM

Sergeant

Darn those tartarians that get away with 3 HP!
Old March 12th, 2011, 12:54 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestyMan View Post
Darn those tartarians that get away with 3 HP!
Meh, he had phoenix power up and running, so the only thing getting through those last 3 hit points would have accomplished would have been to give her another chance to kill some of your adorable doggies instead of having to run away.

And damn, playing those turns is really starting to take ridiculous amounts of time now. Although I havent needed it so far, I do reserve the right to extend the turn whenever I feel I need it.