.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Scenarios, Maps & Mods

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 25th, 2005, 08:20 PM

Captain

Chazar is on a distinguished road
Default Chandrea V4.3 (94prov) _AND_ Drea V4.3 (49 prov)

Attachment is only a small jpg overview. See next post for download link of the actual high-resolution .tga and .map files (5MB)!

Most recent is V4.3 (verify the number displayed in the map's title), which is described at Post#395567 . [b]DREA V4.3 (version with only 49 provinces) is also described in the aforementioned post.

Version history:
  • Mapfile of Version 3.6 is attached to Post#386705. Note that the tga has for V3.6 is different from the one for V4.3. Although they are white-dot compatiple, they do differ in province neighbourhood.
  • See post Post#384075 for more info about V3.4. V3.4 consists only of a new .map file. Please use the .tga-file from V3.3.
  • See post Post#371955 for more info about V3.3.
  • For changes in previous version 1.03 see older post Post#339513 right here within this thread!
  • There might be some issues that I still want to change, hence a ToDo-List is present at Post#340052.
---

Welcome to the rugged Land of Chandrea, also known as the dunken donut: It is a medium-sized wrap-around map (102 provinces), based upon maps from "Wizards Kings", a fantasy strategy hex-based board game by Columbia Games. I got their permission to distribute this map for private purposes. I do not now that board game yet, but someone here on the Dom2-Forum pointed out awhile ago that the Wizard Kings maps might make nice wrap-around maps for Dom2 too. Well, we'll see...

See the map's more detailed description in the next post.

I tried my best guess to make it into a balanced dom2-map, but I am lacking the time to play on it intensively now, for I just have to finish my ongoging Dom2 games first. However, I did not want to delay publishing of this map anymore either, so I am here asking for your help to play-test my map so that I can balance it out for fair multiplayer games!

Because of the pervading oceans, my first guess would be that it is sensible to either play Vanheim, Marignon:Conquerors of the Sea,
Oceania, R'yleh, Caelum, Ermor or a water-cult (or to otherwise insist that nobody else plays one of these nations ). Please observe my recommendation to ban fortress-building on all bridges and using a magic-site frequency of 40 or below because of the many-site provinces.

Please post any mistakes and proposed changes to the map file here! I would hate it if there were various corrected vesions, since I took the trouble to give each province a new unique name. The names are silly enough to be recalled in another game, so all versions of Chandrea should be similar enough that these unique names are of use. (Do you know where e.g. the "Rift of Zyx" lies on Karan? Yes? See!)

Note furthermore that the map can be cut in half horizontally to yield two further, smaller wrap-around maps, but I do not recommend doing it until this one has been balanced out and corrected.

Have fun playing and thanks for reading through. Post#395567
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 327010-chandrea_overview.jpg (26.1 KB, 614 views)