Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old October 3rd, 2006, 11:31 AM

Corporal

TDR is on a distinguished road
Default Carrier Mortar 3 inch but..

In the ANZAC OOB there is the Carrier Mortar 3 inch, but why not have the Carrier Attack 2 Pdr and the Ford Dingo, (Armoured car/Scour car)?

Both the Ford Dingo, (Armoured car/Scour car) and the carrier Attack were organic to 1st Aust Armour Div.

Carrier Attack 2 Pdr, 1942 to 45
Ford Dingo, 1942 to 44

Basic Ref: http://www.mheaust.com.au/Aust/Research/Austanks.htm

The Carrier Mortar 3 inch service history is about as dubious as AC2 – 4. Ok so 400 of the Carrier Mortar 3 inch were built but where/when used?
Old October 4th, 2006, 02:38 AM

Corporal

Cameronius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Carrier Mortar 3 inch but..

TDR,
Chuckforth did some good research on the 3inch mortar carrier some months ago. Several posts with some good info. It's kickin' around here somewhere. Do a little forum search.
Old October 4th, 2006, 10:29 AM

Corporal

Quote:
Cameronius said:
TDR,
Chuckforth did some good research on the 3inch mortar carrier some months ago. Several posts with some good info. It's kickin' around here somewhere. Do a little forum search.
If you read what I posted you will note the Carrier 3 inch Mortar as such is not the issue so I don’t have to do any forum searching. Its problem is its basic lack service history.

My comment is that the other vehicles I referred to do have a service history but these are not included. They are vehicles of the 1 Aust Armoured Div.

Also the start date fro the Carrier 3 inch Mortar is incorrect it should be 42 not 43.
Ref the following caption for PIC_1.jpg

"SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA. 1942-12-12. A GREAT DISPLAY IN MUNITIONS MADE IN AUSTRALIA WAS GIVEN WHEN NEARLY 400 TANKS, GUNS AND VEHICLES CARRYING WAR MATERIAL MADE IN AUSTRALIA WERE DRIVEN IN PROCESSION THROUGH THE STREETS OF SYDNEY. THE CONVOY TOOK AN HOUR TO PASS A GIVEN POINT. THIS PHOTOGRAPH SHOWS A GROUP OF ARMOURED FIGHTING VEHICLES, MANUFACTURED IN AUSTRALIA, TAKING PART IN THE PROCESSION.", (AWM)
In the foreground is the Carrier 3 inch Mortar and in the background is the Carrier Attack 2 Pdr.

Also the Carrier 3 inch Mortar and the Carrier Attack 2 Pdr both have a 360 degree rotating weapon platform.

Also the White Scot Car has a start date of 42 not 43 as in the OOB. Ref web site in my first post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 452090-PIC_1.jpg (38.0 KB, 157 views)
Old October 4th, 2006, 12:01 PM

Sergeant

PatG is on a distinguished road

Nice piece of kit that 2lbr carrier. We have an open top version with a 6lbr shield in the War Museum here in Ottawa Canada.

You really seem to have your sh*t together on the ANZAC orgs. Please consider putting together a revised OOB with Mobhack. I think that outside of the Big 4 (Germany, Russia, United Kingdom and Russia), the OOB designers and development team do their best but don't have the time and resources to get into the level of detail someone with a focussed interest does. With the OOB swap and restore capability custom OOBs are simple to use.

Besides, I need someone more interesting to fight than the Chinese and Americans in Japanese long campaigns.
Old October 4th, 2006, 12:46 PM

Corporal

Quote:
PatG said:
Nice piece of kit that 2lbr carrier. We have an open top version with a 6lbr shield in the War Museum here in Ottawa Canada.

You really seem to have your sh*t together on the ANZAC orgs. Please consider putting together a revised OOB with Mobhack. I think that outside of the Big 4 (Germany, Russia, United Kingdom and Russia), the OOB designers and development team do their best but don't have the time and resources to get into the level of detail someone with a focussed interest does. With the OOB swap and restore capability custom OOBs are simple to use.

Besides, I need someone more interesting to fight than the Chinese and Americans in Japanese long campaigns.
to do it correctly I would need the "magic" numbers, AI list. Since I don't it would not help you and your long campaigns.

Also in last post: "Also the Carrier 3 inch Mortar and the Carrier Attack 2 Pdr both have a 360 degree rotating weapon platform" means the weapon, AT gun or mortar can rotate through 360 degrees with out the vehicle moving.
This does not ocur in the game. In the game the Carrier 3 inch Mortar has to turn and face the direction to fire, else it can not shoot either the mortar or the bren gun.
So if it is immobilised it is fixed in its firing line for both weapons.
Old October 4th, 2006, 01:18 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,443 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

I'll fix this up for the next release

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....